Which is the best: Windows defender or other?
- Windows defender is not an antivirus program but rather a malware detection tool. There is not one catch all software that helps to protect and none that protect 100% with the best results coming from good internet browsing habits where you don't visit questionable sites and learn that every pop up is not legit and usually how viruses and malware get loaded.01
- Windows defender is good, if you want more professional protection go with something better like avg00
- Windows Defender in Windows 10 and Windows 8 scored among the lowest for protection in the most recent antivirus testing performed by AV-Test. Nearly everything else protects better and impacts performance less. In the summaries below, click the Protection heading twice to sort from worst to best.
Test results from Bavaria's government-funded Anti-Virus Computer Security Group, available from AV-Comparatives.org, agree.
Note that Microsoft AntiSpyware was renamed to "Windows Defender" in about 2006. It was available for XP and Vista, and included in Windows 7. The antivirus program Microsoft Security Essentials was ALSO renamed to "Windows Defender" for the release of Windows 8, and included in Windows 8 and Windows 10.
That Microsoft has produced two entirely different products with the same name has been a constant source of confusion.10
- Windows Defender is the best antivirus till now. 3rd party antivirus and sponsored websites always underestimates Windows Defender.00
- When I click I get a random tab that leads me to another website. Is this a virus?
- I need my password reset and the system wont let me. Please help?
- Allow cookies?
- Does Nod 32 self defense auto delete stuff it detect as virus? We want to know if we rather leave it disable or turn it on?
- Can apple tell me the ip address of the person who hacked my account?
- Is it true that YA is being hacked by Russia and China to influence American public opinion?
- From where we ought to purchase Antivirus?
- What can we do if group manager passes without sharing password.?
- Could I be the victim of a scam?
- Do I have a computer virus?