Which is the best: Windows defender or other?
- Windows defender is good, if you want more professional protection go with something better like avg00
- Windows Defender in Windows 10 and Windows 8 scored among the lowest for protection in the most recent antivirus testing performed by AV-Test. Nearly everything else protects better and impacts performance less. In the summaries below, click the Protection heading twice to sort from worst to best.
Test results from Bavaria's government-funded Anti-Virus Computer Security Group, available from AV-Comparatives.org, agree.
Note that Microsoft AntiSpyware was renamed to "Windows Defender" in about 2006. It was available for XP and Vista, and included in Windows 7. The antivirus program Microsoft Security Essentials was ALSO renamed to "Windows Defender" for the release of Windows 8, and included in Windows 8 and Windows 10.
That Microsoft has produced two entirely different products with the same name has been a constant source of confusion.10
- Windows Defender is the best antivirus till now. 3rd party antivirus and sponsored websites always underestimates Windows Defender.00
- My computer was in sleep mode when I heard my DVD drive spin up and the door pop open in the middle of the night. Has someone hacked me?
- What's a good notebook?
- Why are there free anonymous proxies?
- How precise a website owner can know of my location when I visit their website? Do they just get my IP address or can they see my house?
- Could my phone be hacked?
- Why do i keep getting notifications from websites?
- Bought Norton Antivirus from the store but I don't have internet on my computer so I can't use the code. Help?
- With all the worries about AI, can't we humans just pull the f**king plug and be done with it?
- How to manage my computer passwords?
- Which is the best antivirus in 2019 with full protection.?