In light of the incredible and tasteless fake news and hoaxes perpetrated by the MSM in the US isn't it time to pass laws to make it much?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "In light of the incredible and tasteless fake news and hoaxes perpetrated by the MSM in the US isn't it time to pass laws to make it much?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Did you know Fox News got a court ruling saying they can lie? The right has some audacity to complain about fake news.
The only time the media can sue for libel is when what they are reporting is factually wrong. And that's how it should be.
And journalistic opinions are not for elected officials to try to censor either.
Trump wants to rule as a dictator.
The thousand knives drawn on the emperor are a good thing. This is what should happen to a would-be Caesar in a republic or democracy.
Nah. There has been fake news and yellow journalism as long as there has been a press. We seem to be doing okay. People aren't as gullible as many seem to think they are.
Who is the arbiter of what is "fake" and not? We can't even agree as to whether or not it's raining outside.
Trump would not do that, it would eliminate 90% of all the conservative news sources.
No , Thats why We have Greg Gufield to joke about it .
As ridiculous as the media has become, I don't want the government involved in any sort of censorship. That power, once unleashed, will inevitably be misused and abused.
The mainstream media is already hard at work destroying itself and their credibility. We don't have to do anything except let them complete the job.
We already have laws against libel and slander.
That's one of the first steps toward a dictatorship. Crush freedom of the press.
That would put right-wing media out of business.
- Politics: Do you believe that libcrusher is a liberal?
- Why did nasa steal credit of this discovery of 3 habitable planets from Belgian astronomers?
- Were the llibbie witches able to turn Trump into a frog yet?
- What legislation can Vice President Pence introduce to help fight the male homosexuality epidemic within the liberal community?
- How can white people around the world speak about borders when their ancestors did not care at all about another country borders even today?
- SHOULD THE UNITED KINGDOM leave the EU?
- Describe Donald Trump in one verb?
- BLACKS CRIME is too high. CAN DONALD TRUMP reduce it?
- If Trump truly puts America first, then why is he a lot more critical of John McCain, the CIA, the FBI than he is of Putin and Russia?
- Describe Fox News in 1 word?