In light of the incredible and tasteless fake news and hoaxes perpetrated by the MSM in the US isn't it time to pass laws to make it much?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "In light of the incredible and tasteless fake news and hoaxes perpetrated by the MSM in the US isn't it time to pass laws to make it much?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Did you know Fox News got a court ruling saying they can lie? The right has some audacity to complain about fake news.
The only time the media can sue for libel is when what they are reporting is factually wrong. And that's how it should be.
And journalistic opinions are not for elected officials to try to censor either.
Trump wants to rule as a dictator.
The thousand knives drawn on the emperor are a good thing. This is what should happen to a would-be Caesar in a republic or democracy.
Nah. There has been fake news and yellow journalism as long as there has been a press. We seem to be doing okay. People aren't as gullible as many seem to think they are.
Who is the arbiter of what is "fake" and not? We can't even agree as to whether or not it's raining outside.
Trump would not do that, it would eliminate 90% of all the conservative news sources.
No , Thats why We have Greg Gufield to joke about it .
As ridiculous as the media has become, I don't want the government involved in any sort of censorship. That power, once unleashed, will inevitably be misused and abused.
The mainstream media is already hard at work destroying itself and their credibility. We don't have to do anything except let them complete the job.
We already have laws against libel and slander.
That's one of the first steps toward a dictatorship. Crush freedom of the press.
That would put right-wing media out of business.
- Do you think Donald Trump has heard of the law of comparative advantage?
- Are cons enjoying their SSI cuts and HUD cuts yet?
- Are liberals pìssed that we will have a male president tomorrow or is it that a white president pìsses them off?
- Tonight, Donald and Melania Trump will probably sleep in the nude and make sweet presidential love before the inauguration. Should we also?
- A BLACK FEMALE PRESIDENT. GOOD IDEA or NOT?
- DO YOU ACCEPT donald trump as THE PRESIDENT?
- Is it alarming that Donald Trump trusts Russia over his own intel officers?
- Has Barack Hussein Obama done irreversible damage to the United States of America?
- Why are Conservatives/Republicans upset that today is Martin Luther Kings Jr's birthday today?
- Would you vote for Joe Biden in 2020?