Why do people put so much value on celebrity athletes?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Why do people put so much value on celebrity athletes?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
I can understand enjoying sports. I'm not a sports fan, but watching sports, betting on games, playing in a fantasy league, tracking the performance of your favorite teams and players--I can understand the attraction.
What I do not understand is why any athlete is a millionaire, let alone a multimillionaire celebrity. The world has enough talented athletes spending time in parks and local gyms that I cannot imagine ever having to pay a person $30M to play a game that they're already playing voluntarily. It is so bizarre that we live in a world where athletes, actors, and singers sometimes make hundreds of times the salary of a doctor or a teacher.
- How to start work when depressed?
- I'm very very ugly when excersising?
- What is it called when you think positive thoughts, but have negative desires?
- How do I get revenge?
- A weird question but should I remove 2 deceased family members from my Facebook?
- When does a woman ever rape a man?
- What's behind the obsession with knowing the one and absolute Truth?
- Are all conservatives social conservatives retarded or just control freaks with insecurities?
- Poll: Why is sex viewed as dirty by some people. It's how we got here people?
- Should I punish her? Yes or no?