If you are asking if sexual orientation (gay vs straight) is genetic, the answer is "yes", but there is no such thing as a "gay gene". Also it is possible that gayness is a result of a combination of biological as well life experiences.
The current scientific consensus is that homosexuality is largely due to epigentic factors. This means whether you are gay or straight may depend upon which genes are turned-on and which genes are turned-off. It also seems to be related to how your brain is hardwired. The neural pathways in the brain seem to play a lesser role.
Is sexuality genetic?
- it is complex part of childhood studied in psychology00
- No, it was not passed down by parents, so it's not genetics, it's not a choice however, we're not all identically similar in every non choice way to our parents00
- It may be.00
- Contrary to PC thinking, the jury is still out on this one.00
- Yep. But how it gets expressed is also impacted heavily by upbringing, especially in the very early years, as strange as that sounds at first.00
- Apparently not primarily. Schizophrenia susceptibility is genetic but so widespread that who gets sick is more environment based. DNA plays a role in the susceptibility to homosexuality but distress in the womb is the environmental trigger. Later children are much more likely to become gay males. The triggers for lesbianism are not that well known yet but I think Donald Trump has something to do with it.10
- Do most women eventually experiment with women nowadays?
- XXXTentacion was anti-feminist. Is his murder another feminist terrorist attack on our soil? Is it time this extreme ideology was banned?
- Thoughts on gender equality in the work industry?
- Darren Halper how is your luxury 2008 car doing?
- Why can't women go topless in public like men?
- Are you worried about Geneticists finding out Africans are the least intelligent race?
- I am a woman. Am i allowed to NOT be a feminist? More precisely, Western feminist?
- Are white women the least athletic group of people in the world.?
- Would you agree with the saying that lots of women are horrible people?
- I ended a relationship with a woman due to her sexual history. does that make me a sexist or a smart man?