Is sexuality genetic?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Is sexuality genetic?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
If you are asking if sexual orientation (gay vs straight) is genetic, the answer is "yes", but there is no such thing as a "gay gene". Also it is possible that gayness is a result of a combination of biological as well life experiences.
The current scientific consensus is that homosexuality is largely due to epigentic factors. This means whether you are gay or straight may depend upon which genes are turned-on and which genes are turned-off. It also seems to be related to how your brain is hardwired. The neural pathways in the brain seem to play a lesser role.
it is complex part of childhood studied in psychology
No, it was not passed down by parents, so it's not genetics, it's not a choice however, we're not all identically similar in every non choice way to our parents
It may be.
Contrary to PC thinking, the jury is still out on this one.
Yep. But how it gets expressed is also impacted heavily by upbringing, especially in the very early years, as strange as that sounds at first.
Apparently not primarily. Schizophrenia susceptibility is genetic but so widespread that who gets sick is more environment based. DNA plays a role in the susceptibility to homosexuality but distress in the womb is the environmental trigger. Later children are much more likely to become gay males. The triggers for lesbianism are not that well known yet but I think Donald Trump has something to do with it.
- Isn't president Donald J trump the best president ever he just gave the Feminist and SJWs the Finger by reinstating the Global gag law?
- Will I ever get sex, I am so panic? I am an antifeminist?
- Why in movies is cool and sexy for female characters to be bisexual/lesbians but it's uncool for male characters to be bisexual/gay?
- I'm scared and worried I might never have sex?
- Now that most females are bisexual or lesbians is it weird for a female to remain heterosexual?
- Why did a my university professor smirk at me for wearing a dress?
- Is there a drug that can kill sexual urges?
- Women, in self defense, where would you kick a man who is attacking you?
- Do you think American women are oppressed?
- Why do people tell me I'm pretty?