Explain the differences between the main areas of philosophy?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Explain the differences between the main areas of philosophy?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
They are not the same, therefore they are different.
Science has taken over large areas of philosophy but the main areas are still "how to live a good life " even the word good is denied . In simple terms there are 2 ways to live 1 everything is permitted and 2 do no harm . Most philosophies are just arguments to prove which is true Relativism, Utilitarianism deny absolute vales while others argue for the virtue of ethics each side will give well reasoned argument you have to choose
The rooms are bigger than in the small areas of philosophy.
You think that it is a simple and easy question. It is not so.
It will be clearly known only when you complete your five year degree course and obtain your degree certificate in philosophy. It is not so easy for me to summarize a five year study material within this small answer box.
- What should I do?
- Is Yahoo dying?
- What do you ask yourself every day?
- Your bicycle is taken apart and boxed away... does the bicycle go on existing, in spite of its dissembly? why .. why not?
- What's more important in life? Money or doing what you love?
- Nothing happens for a reason. True or False?
- Can you give me life advice?
- What is an existential crisis?
- How can one develop gratitude in his life?
- Can you disprove nihilism?