What do you think of the name Beatrice?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "What do you think of the name Beatrice?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Latin for "she who brings happiness". Women with the name mostly prefer the contraction "Betty". They don't like to be thought of as "B grade" or a little stinging insect. A long history; used by Dante in "The Divine Comedy" , & Shakespeare in "Much Ado About Nothing." The daugheter of the Duke of York, one of Paul McCartney's daughters.
It's a good name
I like the name and the nickname
This is a very old and historical name. Warm, rich and extremely beautiful. Love the nickname too. Hope this helps.
I really like this name, especially the nickname beatie
kind of old-fashioned, in my opinion
I thought of my favorite childhood book Junie B. Jones she never liked her middle name Beatrice. Also, it reminds me of a fairy tale kind of name. But it is not to say in a bad way.
Beatrice works, Bea does not. I'd go with Trixy.
Evokes an older lady but is quite dignified if not cute.
I hate "Bea"...not just because I never know if it is "bee" or "bee-uh"
- WDYT of These Sibsets + BQs?
- Can you Name Brynn's siblings?
- Baby girl names suggestions?
- Which last name sounds better with elijah?
- What is the most unfortunate name for a person you've ever heard?
- What middle name goes good with the first name "Nevaeh"?
- A girl name that sounds nice with Tessa?
- WDYT of the name Everly? What about the nickname Evie?
- Would you name your child Amari Zariah or Evelyn Grace?
- What type of girl comes to mind when you hear these names?