I'm 13 and I want to learn how to dance. How do I do this?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "I'm 13 and I want to learn how to dance. How do I do this?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
You start with a beginner ballet class. Hopefully you can find a teen beginner ballet class. Ballet is where you get all your dance technique from so you can move on to other dance genres if you wish.
Just so you feel better, Misty Copeland took her very first dance class at age 13. She is currently a Principal dancer with the American Ballet Theatre. So it can be done. Not that it is a likely story for you as it isn't a likely story for anybody. Most who start dance at age 7 or 8 which is the earliest real training begins, will never reach the professional ranks. But that has little to do with age and more to do with the facility and musicality they were born with along with the right bone and muscle structure and world class training.
There is no reason why you can't do this and reach your personal best.
- Am i late in Ballet Grades?
- How to get out of dance class?
- What s a good lyrical/contemporary song that I can do a duet to with my dance teacher?
- HELP. I corrected a teacher in class on the pronunciation of the word omnipotent. My parents were emailed and I now have to apologiz?
- Does dancing make a guy gay?
- Boys who do ballet?
- Could I ever become a professional contemporary dancer?
- What makes Michael Jackson such a great dancer?
- What is your favorite Ballet show.?
- Why am I imagining Jesus dancing?