I'm 13 and I want to learn how to dance. How do I do this?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "I'm 13 and I want to learn how to dance. How do I do this?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
You start with a beginner ballet class. Hopefully you can find a teen beginner ballet class. Ballet is where you get all your dance technique from so you can move on to other dance genres if you wish.
Just so you feel better, Misty Copeland took her very first dance class at age 13. She is currently a Principal dancer with the American Ballet Theatre. So it can be done. Not that it is a likely story for you as it isn't a likely story for anybody. Most who start dance at age 7 or 8 which is the earliest real training begins, will never reach the professional ranks. But that has little to do with age and more to do with the facility and musicality they were born with along with the right bone and muscle structure and world class training.
There is no reason why you can't do this and reach your personal best.
- Ballet dancers! Is it weird to put slight acro moves in ballet choreo?
- Starting pointe work later?
- Ballet attire?
- Girlfriend problem?
- Is it too late for me to dance?
- Do professional dancers have a good social life?
- What is the best back up plan for a professional dancer?
- Is it possible to learn dancing on your own at home?
- What's the name of this ballerina pose?
- Im 12. i love to dance and i wanna be a dancer so bad. Will i be to late?! I really wanna start but i dont wanna get stuck with 4 year olds.?