In this investigation a paint pigment was found to have Cu and Zn present. What does this suggest?
a) The painting is a forgery based on the composition of BOTH the white and blue pigments.
b) The painting is a forgery based on the composition of the blue pigment.
c) The painting could be authentic based on the composition of the white and blue pigments.
d) The painting is a forgery based on the composition of the white pigment.
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "In this investigation a paint pigment was found to have Cu and Zn present. What does this suggest?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Copper and Zinc, those are used in paints, copper corroded is that Aqua green tint, and zinc is for white, so now it depends on what painting as artwork is being analyzed, that one of those did not have that element in paint during that time period, question leads one to think that zinc is the newer pigment , but of a forgery implies antique art, not recent, not implied in question,
Even an original could be restored with piants newer than original, so painting is still original, but has patches, the whole painting would have to have newer coated white or blue to be copy or forged.
Out of context or off topic, is subject to resolve issue, if both copper and zinc are in same pigment, per se, may be ir relative to art or forgery of paint itself,
- Can I paint with acrylic paint on watercolor paper?
- Someone help me please with this art question?
- Im looking for a salvador dali painting that i dont know the name of....it depicts a girraffe falling backwards out of a window? Thank you x?
- I am looking for anyone to help me appraise some vintage original canvas art.?
- If you bought an expensive painting and later find out it was stolen, do you have to give it back?
- Would you paint your room naked 💛💙💗?
- I need to create a painting that represents the great depression. It all needs to be frehand painting. Any ideas on what I could paint?
- Please help me come up with an amazing title for this artwork idea. also, do u think it's good? thanks :)?
- Who much does a crotchy the clown painting sell for?
- Who was considered the "Leonardo of the North"? A. Hans Holbein B. Albrecht Dürer C. Pieter Bruegel D. Matthias Grünewald?