In this investigation a paint pigment was found to have Cu and Zn present. What does this suggest?
a) The painting is a forgery based on the composition of BOTH the white and blue pigments.
b) The painting is a forgery based on the composition of the blue pigment.
c) The painting could be authentic based on the composition of the white and blue pigments.
d) The painting is a forgery based on the composition of the white pigment.
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "In this investigation a paint pigment was found to have Cu and Zn present. What does this suggest?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Copper and Zinc, those are used in paints, copper corroded is that Aqua green tint, and zinc is for white, so now it depends on what painting as artwork is being analyzed, that one of those did not have that element in paint during that time period, question leads one to think that zinc is the newer pigment , but of a forgery implies antique art, not recent, not implied in question,
Even an original could be restored with piants newer than original, so painting is still original, but has patches, the whole painting would have to have newer coated white or blue to be copy or forged.
Out of context or off topic, is subject to resolve issue, if both copper and zinc are in same pigment, per se, may be ir relative to art or forgery of paint itself,
- What does it mean to be a published artist?
- How to make sky blue with oil paints?
- Water color canvas choices?
- How does Georgia O'Keeffe use two colors that generally clash to create harmony in her painting Two Calla Lilies on Pink?
- What Colors do i mix together to make gold?
- Is white a color or a shade?
- You are an art critic. What are the four steps you could use to determine whether or not a painting is or is n?
- If you mix 2 primary colors it makes a secondary but if you mix 2 secondary colors what does it make?
- How do I fix the skin. It starting to not look like the picture. I suck at blending. Canvas PAINTERS where are you?
- Will I be safe if I print an old artist's work on my shirts?