In this investigation a paint pigment was found to have Cu and Zn present. What does this suggest?
a) The painting is a forgery based on the composition of BOTH the white and blue pigments.
b) The painting is a forgery based on the composition of the blue pigment.
c) The painting could be authentic based on the composition of the white and blue pigments.
d) The painting is a forgery based on the composition of the white pigment.
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "In this investigation a paint pigment was found to have Cu and Zn present. What does this suggest?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Copper and Zinc, those are used in paints, copper corroded is that Aqua green tint, and zinc is for white, so now it depends on what painting as artwork is being analyzed, that one of those did not have that element in paint during that time period, question leads one to think that zinc is the newer pigment , but of a forgery implies antique art, not recent, not implied in question,
Even an original could be restored with piants newer than original, so painting is still original, but has patches, the whole painting would have to have newer coated white or blue to be copy or forged.
Out of context or off topic, is subject to resolve issue, if both copper and zinc are in same pigment, per se, may be ir relative to art or forgery of paint itself,
- Who's This Painting by?
- I have a painting of a man and woman holding each other signed by Sandy, lower right corner. I have not been able to find out any info on Sandy. Wish someone could help. Have seen small reprint of same painting.?
- Which famous artist in the renaissance has used oil frescos instead of tempera?
- Watercolor painting?
- Why did Picasso say "good artists copy but great artists steal"?
- I want to be an artist, and am afraid to tell the complete truth to my parents. What should I do?
- How to improve my art?
- How do you obtain the color yellow from the primary colors: red, green, and blue?
- If you were to give this painting a story what would it be?
- Which 2 colours when mixed together make brown?