I have a 4 year old German short hair and she was a rescued dog, she has horrible dreams where she growls and shows her teeth can you help?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "I have a 4 year old German short hair and she was a rescued dog, she has horrible dreams where she growls and shows her teeth can you help?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Ever hear the expression that you should let sleeping dogs lay
All animals dream. I had dogs who did that. I have cats who make noises and move around in their sleep. My wife curses people out in her sleep. I find it all very amusing. I don't see why it is a problem is no one gets hurt.
How do you know that they are horrible dreams? Dogs do all kinds of stuff in their sleep. Then they wake up and after a second or two, they realize it didn't really happen. The dog could be dreaming of growling in play with another dog, as puppies often do. This could be a wondferful dream of the dog's early puppy days. The best thing to do is to simply let the dog sleep.
Dogs will growl, snarl, bark, howl, and twitch while dreaming. All totally normal. How do you know these are horrible dreams? Can you read the dog's mind?.
She could be fighting off killer squirrels in her sleep!
Dogs make all sorts of noises in their sleep, they whine, they howl, they moan, they growl and bark .... they twitch, they run in their sleep - it's all quite entertaining to watch.
Let sleeping dogs lie --- and if you choose to try to wake the dog, do it by calling her name - not by nudging or touching her. You never know what a dog may be dreaming about, and if you startle a dog awake, you could get bit in the process.
- My 9 yr Shih Tzu weighs in at 27 lbs! What explains this? His mom was small. Was he bred poor? The vets say he is a beautiful specimen.?
- Are bichon frise good pets to have?
- Why is my dog licking licking so often.?
- Is this a healthy pregnancy? And why the sudden attraction?
- My dog won't stop peeing/marking in the house?
- My dog went missing 6 months ago, and someone is trying to sell her on craigslist?
- What's your favorite breed of dog?
- I keep trying to dry off my dog's nose but it's not working!?
- What do veterinarians think when owners cry when their pet has to get put down?
- My dog hates getting her nails clipped?