Dog refuses to eat dry food now?
My Black Lab has been eating dry food for roughly 2-3 years. I gave him a can of wet dog food once a day for 3 days because he has been really good and I figured he deserved a reward, he doesn't like treats. However, now he refuses to eat his dry dog food because he expects the wet food. He'll nibble on the dry food, then beg for wet food. He hasn't been eating very well for the past few days because of this, is there anyway to get him to eat dry food again and get him off the habit of expecting wet food?
- he will eat the dry food when he is hungry10
- keep on feeding it it's dry food no healthy dog shall starve itself to death00
- LMAO! Everyone has experienced this problem. You have to mix wet with crunchy.
No. they will not eat when hungry, at least not until it becomes an issue.
Dogs eat by scent, once you give them people food, soft food or treats that are soft, you have a problem.
Pups like hunting dogs, little high energy dogs and working dogs work up quite a appeitite and will eat just crunchy.
It's not a bad thing as long as their diet is good & not being over fed.11
- Try wetting the dry dog food a little it might help.00
- No normal, healthy dog will starve himself if he is given food. He'll get over it and start eating his dry food if that is all he is offered after a day or two.00
- Hungry time.00
- There are various reasons why a dog may turn up his nose at his food? Refusing to eat dry dog food could just mean that your dog is a picky eater, but it also could be a sign of a more health problem.
Check the steps you can take to help get him eating again :
Make sure he’s healthy - Dogs won’t eat if they’re not feeling well; Especially if they’re suffering from intestinal or dental issues, so contact the Vet for advise.
Break Bad Habits - offer your dog his regular dry food to help curb his picky tendencies over time.
Enhancing his meal - If your dog is not eating his dry food, you may want to mix a small amount of wet food into your dog’s regular dry food to make it more palatable.00
- hungry time...00
- hungry time.........00
- hungry time.........00
- So I have a 1 year old female husky and she keeps mounting my son. She has been in heat Once so far. Anyone know why she does this?
- Why does my husky keep peeing on my bed and couch?
- My dog whines whenever I feed my snake, why?
- Is your dog jealous that you feel sympathy for another human?
- My dad wants to give my dog back to the shelter, what can I do? HELP.?
- My family wants a second dog but I don’t. Advice?
- My Wife Hates my dog. I don't know what to do.?
- I think my dog has internal bleeding or stomach ulcers how can I help her?
- How could I have my very own rescue dog?
- Emotional Support Dog?