What is your favourite ww2 era tank?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "What is your favourite ww2 era tank?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
I don't like tanks.
The best overall tank, was the Russians t-34. Though I did hear it had transmission/shifting problems.
The Germans Panther & Tigers were good fighting tanks. Though their issue(s) - they were over engineered & broke down a lot. And when that happened, they had to be hauled back to a maintenance yard.
The American Sherman was reliable & available in huge numbers. When it broke down, the crews could fix it & resolve a lot of issues.
It was the Panther until I saw a show on restoring tanks. Then I learned how hard they were to maintain. Now the Tiger. Best compromise between maintainability and protection.
The one's that didn't get blown up...!!!!!! And the men that lived to survive manning them....
Who cares about tanks , give me a kittenkrad anyway
Hard to say. The KV-1 is interesting to me because the Germans had such a difficult time with it when they first encountered the beast, in addition to the T-34. Those two undoubtedly had the greatest impact on the war.
I also tend to find the lesser known tanks interesting, like flame tanks such as the M3 "Satan" or Churchill "Crocodile." The Satan was a dedicated flame tank while the Crocodile was a standard Churchilll with the flamethrower replacing the forward mounted machine gun. It could spray a stream of petroleum, which would splash through bunkers or the slits in armored vehicles, then follow with a fire burst, igniting the liquid fuel from the initial spray. Supposedly the Germans hated this tank so much that they would summarily execute any crew members rather than take them prisoner - they also feared it enough that many also surrendered immediately when they saw the tank headed their way.
- Cual es la tarifa del trasporte colectivo (combi) en Ixtapaluca y valle de chalco?
- Does practicing 20-30 foot trailer helps me for 18-wheels Semi Truck?
- How long for a trucker to go from Lexington, Kentucky to Saratoga Springs New York?
- Whats a good online course for automotive technology?
- Do you assume that other drivers know what they're doing?
- When you make a U-turn in intersection where U-turn is permitted, is it legal only on green light? or Is it OK on red light too? (in US)?
- What car would you Never Buy?
- Have you ever driven by yourself with your learners permit?
- Driving 20 hrs (Alone) with two of my young kids, is it risky?
- Do you think having smaller capacity engines but turbo charging them is a good idea?