Did the Americans commit any atrocities in Japan during the Second World War?
I know they did in Vietnam but I was just wondering if they did in Japan as well.
- Yes..exploded two atomic bombs on them in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.00
- No direct atrocity.00
- Except the two Atom Bombs dropped, they didn't resort to any atrocities as there was no scope for it.00
- Yes they are terribly guilty for Japanese civilian deaths , to go along with the deaths of German innocents during firebombing and the executed innocent German soldiers in ww2 after they had surrendered, particularly post malmedy massacre10
- firebombing Tokyo and the two Atom Bombs would qualify as atrocities to most people.00
- you could say that using the atom bombs was the ultimate atrocity, also the fire bombing of tokyo could also be classed has an atrocity since that bombing raid alone caused the deaths of over 100,000 civilians in just one night... with the atom bomb attacks costing the lives of at least 500,000 civilians ......00
- Some people say that the use of incendiary and atomic bombs on Japan that killed a total of 500,000 Japanese civilians is an atrocity (but I doubt it was, although horrible, these raids aimed for strategic targets which happened to be located within civilian areas). Other than that, we didn't commit any serious atrocities against Japan during WWII.00
- all armies involved, on both sides, were guilty of atrocities during ww ii......... there are numerous recorded instances of u.........s......... soldiers and marines killing japanese soldiers after they had surrendered.........00
- except the two atom bombs dropped, they didn't resort to any atrocities as there was no scope for it...00
- let's look at this in a 'nut shell'; japan dropped bombs on us, in hawaii (pearl harbor) and we then dropped bombs on them..................... therefore, exactly who committed the atrocities? we both did but japan started it all...00
- Similaritie between Truman Doctrine, Marshall Plan?
- How many Nazi war criminals were tried and convicted after WWII?
- If all the Germans surrendered on DDay as the 116th landed,would anyone have been shot? Maybe the first US troops would've unloaded on them?
- Is it true that Jewish people own and operate the media, corporations, banks, world banks, wall street, history ch, and Zionist Government?
- Who are the 10 worst Presidents?
- Why does 9/11 get more attention and coverage than other recent terrorist attacks?
- When did the last Indians in America die off?
- How close was Germany to winning the war?
- What could the US have done to reduce the effects of the Holocaust?
- If truly ancient egyptians where black. that would means black people where the first slave masters and whites were the first slaves.?