How do I find a job in atheism?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "How do I find a job in atheism?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
HUH? There is no such thing. ATheism is the lack of belief in God or gods. End of story.
WOW, how ignorant.
There is no such thing as atheism. Some people do not accept the assertion that god exists without evidence. But no one is an atheist. And don't tell me you cannot see the difference. You don't want to see it.
Atheism is usually defined incorrectly as a belief system. Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God." Some dictionaries even go so far as to define Atheism as "wickedness," "sinfulness," and other derogatory adjectives. Clearly, theistic influence taints dictionaries. People cannot trust these dictionaries to define atheism. The fact that dictionaries define Atheism as "there is no God" betrays the (mono)theistic influence. Without the (mono)theistic influence, the definition would at least read "there are no gods."
Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion. While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion. Two commonly used retorts to the nonsense that atheism is a religion are: 1) If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color, and 2) If atheism is a religion, then health is a disease. A new one introduced in 2012 by Bill Maher is, "If atheism is a religion, then abstinence is a sexual position."
The only common thread that ties all atheists together is a lack of belief in gods and supernatural beings. Some of the best debates we have ever had have been with fellow atheists. This is because atheists do not have a common belief system, sacred scripture or atheist Pope. This means atheists often disagree on many issues and ideas. Atheists come in a variety of shapes, colors, beliefs, convictions, and backgrounds. We are as unique as our fingerprints.
You could get into a racket like Richard Dawkins or bill nye and get paid to do lectures on how gods not real (as if it matters either way).
For my money I'd rather listen to Joseph Campbell or Alan watts.
Atheism is a philosophical belief, not a job.
You may become an author of books around the topic
Go to your local university science department and ask them if they are hiring.
Atheism isn't a job.
Unless you work for a atheist cult or something like that
- Why did trump promise putin to lift sanctions? Politically?
- How many russian moles are working for trump?Politically?
- Whats the gop establishment health care plan?Politically?
- HOW DO I STAY SIGNED IN TO YAHOO?
- Why aren't so called questions like this one being reported ??? what's wrong with you people on YA ??? "How to get better at sucking dïck?"?
- How can I make my question longer on Yahoo answers because it only lets me use 140 words what should I do.?
- Why are there so many rude people on Yahoo Answers?
- What happened to Yahoo Answers? Why all the vulgarity, racism, grossness? This place was once great. Is anybody at Yahoo listening?
- Why is it that when I posted good, serious answers in the vegan section they always got reported but when I post 'troll' stuff it don't?
- Is reporting working again? Then may I ask all decent users here to report this TROLL question since Yahoo refuses to deal with this turds?