You would be wise to let go of judging yourself like that. It only makes things worse.
In Caucasian culture, you're considered smart if you have snappy answers, comebacks; all the info at your fingertips. But in other cultures, especially in the islands like Samoa, you're considered wise if you take your time before answering, bc it shows thoughtfulness and maturity.
You can simply say that you had a 'brainfart', which is what I do if I goof an answer. Remember to b-r-e-a-t-h-e. In fact, a few slow, deep breaths, will actually allow you time to gather your thoughts and then reply with what you want to say, instead of blurting something out that you instantly regret. It also makes you come across as a deep thinker :D
How to think quick on my feet without embarrassing myself?
I'm a bit shy. 22 years old. I have a hard time "thinking on my feet". I just blurt out answers. Not all the time, though. I don't know why but I either freeze up or just blurt out without thinking. I either answer too slow or too fast. For example, today My co worker said: "how many hours you worked? I said 40. He looked at me crazy. He told me he worked 50 hrs. I was going home because I worked too many hours. After the convo, I got home and thought to myself, I'm an idiot. I worked 50 hrs also. I just can't think quick for some odd reason. I wish I can do it. What could it be?
- Your either a split thinker, or what you are. A non-thinker. Non-thinkers mostly answer straight away, honestly, they have trouble lying as well but some are extremely good at it. Split thinkers can undergo many possible answers in their head and await for someone to ask them. That's also just called pre-thinking. What you have has nothing wrong with it all. Your perfectly fine.
If you want to be a split thinker, or even be both, try and look for the truth in the question but take your time. 1 it will make you seem thoughtful and intelligent, 2 it will help you not to get so anxious when answering questions.
Hope this helps :)00
- If the person isn’t attractive and knows that, how would she feel if I said that I’m not envious of her at all?
- How can I change my life?
- Does anyone else do this? If not then what is it.?
- Is this OCD?
- How to tell the difference between a troll and someone who actually believes what they say?
- Poll: Do you have any mental illnesses?
- What's a good strategy to prevent over thinking all the time?
- Why do people want to FORCE other people to commit suicide?
- How do I improve my wellness?
- How can I fix my life up?