You would be wise to let go of judging yourself like that. It only makes things worse.
In Caucasian culture, you're considered smart if you have snappy answers, comebacks; all the info at your fingertips. But in other cultures, especially in the islands like Samoa, you're considered wise if you take your time before answering, bc it shows thoughtfulness and maturity.
You can simply say that you had a 'brainfart', which is what I do if I goof an answer. Remember to b-r-e-a-t-h-e. In fact, a few slow, deep breaths, will actually allow you time to gather your thoughts and then reply with what you want to say, instead of blurting something out that you instantly regret. It also makes you come across as a deep thinker :D
How to think quick on my feet without embarrassing myself?
I'm a bit shy. 22 years old. I have a hard time "thinking on my feet". I just blurt out answers. Not all the time, though. I don't know why but I either freeze up or just blurt out without thinking. I either answer too slow or too fast. For example, today My co worker said: "how many hours you worked? I said 40. He looked at me crazy. He told me he worked 50 hrs. I was going home because I worked too many hours. After the convo, I got home and thought to myself, I'm an idiot. I worked 50 hrs also. I just can't think quick for some odd reason. I wish I can do it. What could it be?
- Your either a split thinker, or what you are. A non-thinker. Non-thinkers mostly answer straight away, honestly, they have trouble lying as well but some are extremely good at it. Split thinkers can undergo many possible answers in their head and await for someone to ask them. That's also just called pre-thinking. What you have has nothing wrong with it all. Your perfectly fine.
If you want to be a split thinker, or even be both, try and look for the truth in the question but take your time. 1 it will make you seem thoughtful and intelligent, 2 it will help you not to get so anxious when answering questions.
Hope this helps :)00
- Why did/do people like game shows like "Wheel of Fortune" or "The Price is Right"?
- A few years ago I was raped by a neighbor and I am still having nightmares about it when will I stop having these nightmares about it?
- Did weed really affect my brain and change me, or am i wrong?
- Why do some people pressure me to eat?
- WHY DO I HATE LIFE SO MUCH. AND HOW COULD I POSSIBLY CHANGE THIS?
- Why do feminists hate men?
- Porn made me hate sex. Anyone else feel the same?
- Trying to change my life but I just can't get myself to do it?
- Guy stalking me???
- Why do parents overwork if they don't need the extra money or job experience?