Do 16 yr olds get £60 a fortnight in scotland?
my scottish friend told me this is it true?
- Yes, my cousin is in Scotland, he ran away to marry a 58-year old man he met on the internet, minors don't need parental consent to marry there.02
- This is education maintenance allowance, designed to help young people from low income families to stay in education after 16. Not all 16 year olds still at school or college get it because it depends on what the family income is - see link below. You must attend all classes or you don't get paid.
EMA was introduced for the whole UK during the last Labour government but the coalition government abolished it in England, saying it's just bribery and most 16 year olds would have stayed in education anyway, so it's a waste of money. It still exists outside England because education is a "devolved matter" so the Scottish Parliament can make its own rules for Scotland.00
- Those kids from the border can only be held for 20 days and then they are supposed to go to foster care, how many kids can be put into?
- Our history is of illegal migration but when it’s not white but brown nation we act and tear apart families on what grounds?
- When is USA withdrawing in and becoming a hermit state?
- Do Muslims belong in Muslim countries only?
- Why are Republicans always on the wrong side of human rights, of all moral issues?
- Republicans, Asians are the nation’s fastest-growing group of undocumented immigrants, why are they not seen in Trump's child prison camps?
- Do Republicans understand the difference between laws and policy to enforce the law?
- Why does California have such a big honeless problem?
- Who is to blame when a toddler is forcibly separated from a parent at the US-Mexico border?
- Why did Trump change immigration policy and start separating families at the border? Is this an attempt to make Congress pay for his wall?