Do 16 yr olds get £60 a fortnight in scotland?
my scottish friend told me this is it true?
- Yes, my cousin is in Scotland, he ran away to marry a 58-year old man he met on the internet, minors don't need parental consent to marry there.02
- This is education maintenance allowance, designed to help young people from low income families to stay in education after 16. Not all 16 year olds still at school or college get it because it depends on what the family income is - see link below. You must attend all classes or you don't get paid.
EMA was introduced for the whole UK during the last Labour government but the coalition government abolished it in England, saying it's just bribery and most 16 year olds would have stayed in education anyway, so it's a waste of money. It still exists outside England because education is a "devolved matter" so the Scottish Parliament can make its own rules for Scotland.00
- Libs: why did YOUR leaders demand Trump turn off the cameras during their meeting? what did YOUR leaders not want YOU to hear?
- Murdered writer Jamal Khashoggi and a group of journalists were named, collectively, as "Time Magazine's" 2018 Person of the Year.?
- Why was Pelosi (the leader of the democrat party) so angry she had to publicly talk about border security?
- How come dems gave Iran 1.8B for no reason, but only offer America 1.5B for border security?
- Why will liberals be worshipping Satan on Christmas Eve instead of singing Christmas carols like nice white conservatives?
- Now that we have seen Trump's skills as a negotiator in action is anyone surprised that he's been bankrupt so often?
- Why doesn't Donald Trump want to shut down the Mexican government instead of the U.S. government?
- Should Trump have people who criticize his policies be arrested?
- Why don't they just put a ban on inflation (if it is real not planned)?
- Since the 20th and 21st Century, who is the worst president?