KCl consists of two different ions, K+ and Cl-, so it is diatomic.
KCl is heteronuclear because the atoms (ions) are different and therefore have different atomic numbers and hence different nuclei. K+ has 19 protons while Cl- has 17 protons.
An example of a homonuclear diatomic molecule would be Cl2.
- After 6 seconds, the mass of a sample of radioactive material has reduced from 100 grams to 25 grams. Its half-life must be?
- Which of the following isotopes is Radioactive? Carbon-12 Carbon-13 Carbon-14?
- What are the 2 chemical elements that make up this picture, would LOVE to know :) thanks, xxx?
- How many g of KOH are in 600 mL of a 0.490 M KOH solution?
- Why is water blue?
- Do all of the molecules in a 1 mol sample of CH4(g) have the same velocity at 546 K?
- What is the charge of Oxide? *?
- CO(g) + H2(g) CH3OH(g) What mass of each reactant would be needed to produce 225.0 kg of methanol? CO- H2-?
- Why is this the balanced equation?
- How many atoms are 2.08 mol of Au?