Physics question: Determine the net torque on the 3.2-m-long uniform beam shown in the figure. All forces are shown. (Figure 1)?
A) Calculate about point C, the CM. Take counterclockwise torques to be positive.
B) Calculate about point point P at one end. Take counterclockwise torques to be positive.
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Physics question: Determine the net torque on the 3.2-m-long uniform beam shown in the figure. All forces are shown. (Figure 1)?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
F1y = 56*cos 32 = 47.49 N
F1x = 56*sen 32 = 29.68 N
F2x = -32.5√2 N
F2y = 32.5√2 N
F3x = 52*cos32 = 44.10 N
F3y = -52*sin 32 = -27.56 N
around point C
F2 has 0 arm ..so it is uneffective
Mc = ℓ/2*(F1x-F3x) = 1.6*(29.68-44.10) = -23.1 Nm (i.e. ccw according to cartesian plan and posive according to your definition)
arounf point P
F3 has 0 arm ..so it is uneffective
Mp = (ℓ*F1x+ℓ/2*F2x) = (3.2*29.68-1.6*32.5√2) = 21.4 Nm (i.e. cw according to cartesian plan and negative according to your definition)
- Do these 2 studies mean me live in a hologram or simulated reality?
- Can someone please help me answer this problem I am very lost?
- How does a railgun work (two questions)?
- The speed of sound is ___ in cold air compared to warm air?
- How much does half a gram of antimatter cost?
- My teacher threatened to cut my balls off and use them for a physics display what should I do?
- The fuel tank in a motorcycle has a capacity of 2.75 gallons.?
- If color is a perception created in the brain, how come there are colors we are unable to see?
- If two barrels are filled with same liquid at different temperature which one floats higher?
- A pilot directs his plane eastward with a velocity of 350 kph then moves northward at 250 kph. Find the resultant velocity of the plane?