Yes. You can go to a psychologist with anything and ask them about anything. It doesn't have to be urgent at all- the majority of people who see psychologists do not have "urgent" problems. Many aren't in immediate danger, but still have things they need help with, and this is the majority of what psychologists see.
You do see people who do have urgent problems in psychology or psychiatry, such as someone who is seriously considering self-harming in the near future, but this is only part of the full spectrum of issues they deal with.
Can I ask a pyschologist any questions or concerns that I may have regarding myself or my life if they may not necessarily be urgent?
- Im not allowed to leave my house ever without an elder accompanying me?
- Why do sexual assault complainants have to tell their account of events multiple times during an investigation and criminal proceeding?
- Can you fall in love with someone without actually meeting them?
- How can i talk to people with confidence?
- Why do some rich and beautiful people commit suicide?
- Why is pedophilia so common among gay men?
- Working in a flower shop with Social Anxiety Disorder?
- Am I right to not trust people?
- Do the statistics prove that people who commit suicide are unintelligent/intelligent than people that dont?
- Phobias? please help me?