Was it wise to seek a return to normalcy after world war 1 ?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Was it wise to seek a return to normalcy after world war 1 ?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
It's hard to say what it would have been like if the country had returned to normalcy because the post-war country was very different from the pre-war. There was a Red Scare, Prohibition, gangsters, Ku Klux Klan, women voting, radio broadcasts and cars almost anyone could afford.
as opposed to ???
i would think return to normalcy is always the goal.
and from a little researching, i would say that at least harding's policies had a positive effect.
"Revenues to the treasury increased substantially. Unemployment also continued to fall. Libertarian historian Thomas Woods contends that the tax cuts ended the Depression of 1920–1921 and were responsible for creating a decade-long expansion. Historians Schweikart and Allen attribute these changes to the tax cuts. Schweikart and Allen also argue that Harding's tax and economic policies in part "... produced the most vibrant eight year burst of manufacturing and innovation in the nation's history." The combined declines in unemployment and inflation (later known as the Misery Index) were among the sharpest in U.S. history. Wages, profits, and productivity all made substantial gains during the 1920s."
- How did the inventor of the spinning frame get impacted by his invention (BEST ANSWER WILL BE AWARDED FOR THE MOST HELPFUL) :)?
- Was the blunder at the Oscars due to racism?
- Who remember's the Coup de'etat when the CIA sent agents to Iran to knock the sovereign parliament out so we could have the Shah?
- Why did the U.S. go war with vietnam!? What was the purpose?
- If dinosaurs really existed why aren't they mentioned in the bible?
- Are the British truly proud of their country or do they fake it?
- Was Anne Frank a real person or was she a character created to perpetuate the holocaust myth?
- In what ways have immigrants contributed to the British society?
- Where did the Term Red Neck originate from?
- Why did the big bang kill all of the dinosaurs?