a)By what distance will the center of mass of this part move horizontally and vertically if the vertical bar is pivoted counterclockwise through 90 ∘ to make the entire part horizontal?
Find the magnitude of horizontal displacement.
b)Find the direction of horizontal displacement.
c)Find the magnitude of vertical displacement.
d)Find the direction of vertical displacement.
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Physics bars?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
One could use any point, but I'll set the origin at the left end of the horizontal bar. "Weight" each mass by its horizontal or vertical distance from the origin and divide by the total mass.
total mass M = (4.00 + 3.00 + 2.00) kg = 9.00 kg
x_cm = (4.00*1.50/2 + 3.00*1.50 + 2.00*1.50)kg·m / 9.00kg = 1.17 m
y_cm = (0 - 3.00*1.80/2 - 2.00*1.80)kg·m / 9.00kg = -0.700 m
x'_cm = (4.00*1.50/2 + 3.00*(1.50 + 1.80/2) + 2.00*(1.50 + 1.80))kg·m / 9.00kg
x'_cm = 1.87 m
y'_cm = 0 (by observation)
Δx = (1.87 - 1.17) m = 0.700 m → to the right
Δy = 0.700 m → up
Hope this helps!
- When the box is moving and its speed increases every second, so does the friction of the box decrease or increase?
- What should I study for my minor?
- Physics question: A person has a hearing loss of 30 dB for a particular frequency...?
- Physics hw?
- How much does half a gram of antimatter cost?
- My teacher threatened to cut my balls off and use them for a physics display what should I do?
- If color is a perception created in the brain, how come there are colors we are unable to see?
- A pilot directs his plane eastward with a velocity of 350 kph then moves northward at 250 kph. Find the resultant velocity of the plane?
- Are rabbits legumes?
- How does heat move through space between earth and the sun?