a)By what distance will the center of mass of this part move horizontally and vertically if the vertical bar is pivoted counterclockwise through 90 ∘ to make the entire part horizontal?
Find the magnitude of horizontal displacement.
b)Find the direction of horizontal displacement.
c)Find the magnitude of vertical displacement.
d)Find the direction of vertical displacement.
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Physics bars?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
One could use any point, but I'll set the origin at the left end of the horizontal bar. "Weight" each mass by its horizontal or vertical distance from the origin and divide by the total mass.
total mass M = (4.00 + 3.00 + 2.00) kg = 9.00 kg
x_cm = (4.00*1.50/2 + 3.00*1.50 + 2.00*1.50)kg·m / 9.00kg = 1.17 m
y_cm = (0 - 3.00*1.80/2 - 2.00*1.80)kg·m / 9.00kg = -0.700 m
x'_cm = (4.00*1.50/2 + 3.00*(1.50 + 1.80/2) + 2.00*(1.50 + 1.80))kg·m / 9.00kg
x'_cm = 1.87 m
y'_cm = 0 (by observation)
Δx = (1.87 - 1.17) m = 0.700 m → to the right
Δy = 0.700 m → up
Hope this helps!
- The target volume of dye was 3.5mL, and you dispensed 3.48mL. Does this mean the solutions have to be made over again? Why or why not?
- What is the unit measure for resistance?
- An object is 0.89 kg and its volume is 0.159 L. What is the density in kg/m3 of this object?
- In the context of the WTC collapse, I was trying to explain "kinetic energy" to someone and they wouldn't agree to it's destructive force.?
- What is the difference between speed and velocity?
- Two things atheists/science can't seem to answer.?
- If you re falling from a building with someone, can they be used as a cushion to save you?
- Can someone give me the formula in order to calculate how much time it takes for an object to fall a certain amount of distance.?
- At what speed does a 1200 kg compact car have the same kinetic energy as a 17000 kg truck going 21 km/hr ?
- If matter cannot be created nor destroyed, question about humans.?