Look at the units! The field strength = [voltage] / [distance]
1.00 * 10^-6 V/m = 1.50 V / distance
distance = (1.50 / 1.00 * 10^-6) = 1.50 * 10^6 m
Certain sharks can detect an electric field as weak as 1.00 μV/m .?
To grasp how weak this field is, if you wanted to produce it between two parallel metal plates by connecting an ordinary 1.50 V AA battery across these plates, how far apart would the plates have to be?
- A +30 µC point charge is placed 54 cm from an identical +30 µC charge.?
- Circle all true statements about an isothermal process in which 1 mol of an ideal gas changes from state A to state B and back to state A:?
- I may have weaponized my vacuum cleaner.?
- Bouncing batteries. I'm trying to figure out why a discharged AA alkaline battery will bounce when dropped on end and one with a full char..?
- According to physics, do past and future exist?
- If there were a space ship in space, and a propeller engine thrusting air against the front of the ship, would it accelerate? more details?
- If the earth moves in curved space time, why do lasers make a perfectly straight line?
- Is visible light more special than other spectrums of electromagnetic radiation(except for being able to be seen by human eyes)?
- How real is time travel?
- Are radio waves, infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, x-ray, gamma ray really the very similar things thag have different wavelengths and?