Help with mastering physics problem 5.138: vertical rocket launch with instrument hanging inside at constant acceleration.?
Find the minimum time for this rocket to reach the sound barrier (330m/s) without breaking the inside wire.
Find the maximum vertical thrust of the rocket engines under these conditions.
How far is the rocket above the earth's surface when it breaks the sound barrier? .
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Help with mastering physics problem 5.138: vertical rocket launch with instrument hanging inside at constant acceleration.?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
A) find the kinematic acceleration:
27.7 N = 17.3N * (9.8m/s² + a) / 9.8m/s²
a = 5.89 m/s²
and now use v = a*t
t = v / a = 330m/s / 5.89m/s² = 56.0 s ◄
B) The thrust must not only provide the kinematic acceleration but must also support the weight as well:
F = m(g + a) = 2.60e4kg * (9.8 + 5.89)m/s² = 4.08e5 N ◄
C) h = ½at² = ♂ * 5.89m/s² * (56.0s)² = 9240 m ◄
h = v² / 2a = (330m/s)² / 2*5.89m/s² = 9240 m
If you find this helpful, please award Best Answer!
- Physics question please help?
- Calculate potential energy, in units of Joules, at the upper photogate of a cart of mass 408.5 g on a track at a 5.4° angle of inclination?
- Help with physics?
- Help with Angular Momentum?
- The big bang theory... It can't be real. A universe just appearing out of nothing? Without time or space nothing can happen.?
- Which truth is mind boggling?
- Is it wrong to love reading dirty stories I'm aged 11-19?
- A penny is dropped it takes a total time of 4.62 to reach the ground, how high was it dropped from?
- Why can't a spaceship fly at light speed?
- How to go about this question??? PHYSICS EXPERTS??