Help with mastering physics problem 5.138: vertical rocket launch with instrument hanging inside at constant acceleration.?
Find the minimum time for this rocket to reach the sound barrier (330m/s) without breaking the inside wire.
Find the maximum vertical thrust of the rocket engines under these conditions.
How far is the rocket above the earth's surface when it breaks the sound barrier? .
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Help with mastering physics problem 5.138: vertical rocket launch with instrument hanging inside at constant acceleration.?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
A) find the kinematic acceleration:
27.7 N = 17.3N * (9.8m/s² + a) / 9.8m/s²
a = 5.89 m/s²
and now use v = a*t
t = v / a = 330m/s / 5.89m/s² = 56.0 s ◄
B) The thrust must not only provide the kinematic acceleration but must also support the weight as well:
F = m(g + a) = 2.60e4kg * (9.8 + 5.89)m/s² = 4.08e5 N ◄
C) h = ½at² = ♂ * 5.89m/s² * (56.0s)² = 9240 m ◄
h = v² / 2a = (330m/s)² / 2*5.89m/s² = 9240 m
If you find this helpful, please award Best Answer!
- In a series of oil-drop experiments...?
- Calculate how long it takes for a stone falling from a bridge with an average acceleration downward of 9.8 m/?
- What is the sign, the magnitude, and the sign of the point charge that is produced (assuming that it's a single point charge)?
- From what height did the stone fall from?
- Could you jump higher in your garage rather than outside due to less pressure on you? I know there wouldn't really be a big difference.?
- Will I become a god if I eat 96 eggs?
- Is t=d/s really the best formula we've got for explaining time?
- How fast is the speed of smell?
- What Is Gravity?
- Should i fight the speeding ticket?