I can t use a tampon?!?
I recently buy a box of U By Kotex Regular size tampons and this is my first time trying to use one but when I put it in I can t get it in farther than to the tip of the tampon.. How do I get it in farther? Are there any smaller sizes and which brand feels more comfortable to use?
- You may have it angled wrong. The vagina is normally about a 45 degree angle pointing towards the lower back. The main thing is to do your best to relax. Those vaginal muscles can tighten right up and not let anything it! If you're at the right angle, and relaxed, it should slide in fairly easily. It can take a bit to get the hang of it, but you'll be able to do it in your sleep in no time!!10
- Firstly make sure you know where your vaginal opening is located, spend time learning about your body both via information and by exploring your own genitals - sites like Scarleteen are a good source of information.
Use cotton tampons like Emerita or Natracare as they're safer and more comfortable (avoid rayon tampons like Tampax, Playtex or Kotex). Non-applicator are best as they’re simpler and allow you to feel for resistance to guide into place easier - applicator tampons are made to limit genital contact, not for ease of use.
Use lowest absorbency; if it leaks within 1-2 hours use higher but if not saturated after 4-6 hours use lower.
For inserting non-applicator tampons;
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Relax - if you’re tense vaginal muscles tense.
3. With dry hands unwrap the tampon - keep tampon clean.
4. Sit, squat, stand or lay in a comfortable position.
5. Hold the tampon like a pen so the string hangs down.
6. With your other hand hold open your labia.
7. Position tampon within the vaginal opening.
8. When ready gently push tampon up into your vagina.
9. Push the tampon in towards small of your back.
10. Push as far as it will go - be gentle but firm.
11. Make sure tampon string hangs down outside vagina.
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubMiOfQ78...
For inserting applicator tampons.
Repeat 1-7 of above instructions.
8. Hold middle of the applicator, with string pointing away from you.
9. Push into vaginal opening - stop when fingers touch your body.
10. Use index finger to push inner tube into outer tube.
11. Once inner tube is all the way in, remove the applicator.
12. Make sure tampon string hangs down outside vagina.
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVdIDVEc...
- Use non-applicator tampons that give you more control.
- Use cotton tampons which are softer and hypo-allergenic.
- Use lowest absorbency during heaviest flow.
- Check instructions, even if you think you know it already.
- Lubricate your vagina and tampon with KY jelly or olive oil.
- Masturbate; when aroused vagina relaxes, lubricates, and opens.
- Feel for resistance so you can guide the tampon past vaginal walls.
- Try inserting your finger to get used to the sensation of penetration.
- Try laying down and looking at your vulva with a mirror while inserting.
- Try different positions to find one more comfortable for you.
- Aim towards the small of your back, not straight up.
- Practice relaxing and tensing your PC muscles.
When it comes to remove the tampon just pull gently but firmly on the string - it won’t get stuck, just relax and it will come out. Once removed wrap-up and throw in the bin - tampons are not flushable, not ever.
Remember to follow precautions;
- Change every 4-6 hours.
- Avoid rayon tampons.
- Always use lowest absorbency.
- Don't use before your period
- Don't use with light flow.
- Don't use overnight.
- Don't use with an infection.
- Alternate with pads whenever possible.
- Wash hands before use.
- Keep tampons clean and dry.
- Learn about TSS, infections and dioxin.
- Consider safer options like menstrual cups.
You ARE Loved (TSS information) - http://www.you-are-loved.org10
- I think i’m growing a third nipple. help.?
- What is tubal mucosa?
- Can I sell an ovary?
- Why do girls cry so much on their period ?
- My mom say this is bad, but my sex ed teacher says its healthy?
- Hi. So I have abnormal vaginal discharge and it really smells bad. Can someone please help me?
- I gave my bf a handjob?
- Why do seeminly many British nationals not understand how ridiculous they sound with their terminology and expressions?
- Women, how big was the largest penis that you've ever had sex with and was it a great experience?
- Do boys really care about big boobs?