Do you think that Catholics and Protestants would agree that if a person claims to have faith but no works...?
he or she is most likely not saved?
- The question is misleading. Is the individual in question in a comatose state?00
- Not at all. There are Protestants who follow the idea that works are meaningless and it's all about faith, and that God's grace is given freely.11
- Faith without works is dead you have to be a good person not just claim your saved and go about your life the way you used too. Once you are born again you are literally changed you are not the person who you were before trust me. Doing works also does not mean doing things because you have to it means doing good things because the Holy Spirit is in you if that makes any sense to you. Doing good works means that you want to do it not being forced to do it.. @ Duck those kinds of Protestants are not real Christians those are the types of "Christians" that do bad things and go to stripper joints and claim their Christians10
- I think a majority of Christians would agree that it's none of their business judging someone else's salvation.12
- yes according to god
were saved to do good works00
- Most religions probably would agree that Faith with NO works would give you a pass. However, individual religions emphasize the importance of Faith to varying degrees. Modern Catholics tend to emphasize Works over Faith, but traditional Lutherans are likely to say that a Person who Harms, yet has Faith, will be saved, while a Person of Good Works who has no Faith can never get to heaven.
My answer to your question is "No".00
- In only one place does Jesus show people going to Hell and it is on that point specifically...
43I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 ...And they will go away into eternal punishment
I think of all the people who joke about dying children in Africa and think at death God will 'understand'.00
- read matthew 25:31-46 to get a better perspective on your question00
- I would think that Catholics and Protestants would be spending every moment learning to Love, rather then sinfully judging others!01
- Christians, if you could choose any time to be born (including all details like medieval torture or modern medicine), when would it be? Why?
- Christians : Why is it acceptable for God to cause genocide by flood, but unacceptable for me to cause genocide by flood?
- There is another man on here that believes the gospel of Christ. Where is Juice002?
- In mosques and islamic schools, muslims spread lies about Jesus and Christianity. T/F?
- Are there any atheists that believe gay marriage is sinful and wrong?
- Why is it that Jehovah Witnesses cannot communicate with disfellowship Jehovah Witnesses ?
- Why was Paul's teachings so different from Jesus' teachings?
- Isn't the Bible a BS, full of myths and stories that never took place? What's your take on this?
- Do you believe in the christian god?
- What have atheists ever done to help anyone?