I hope your new cold air intake system is only pulling air from outside the engine compartment otherwise it isn't any kind of improvement as underhood hot air is not the best for performance as it affects the combustion process in the cylinders. Fresh cold air is the best for getting a good bang in the cylinders. Upgrading the air filter for the factory air inlet system would have done just fine.
Other areas for upgrading would be the mufflers. I'm sure the original is pretty good but some aftermarket systems might add a little performance but will sound a whole lot better.
Upgrading your spark plugs could offer some better bang in the cylinders as well.
Get some nice rims and some window tinting and I think you will have a nice cruising machine.
Drive safety and have a great time !
What are some cheap performance upgrades I can do to my 2004 Hyundai Tiburon?
By cheap I mean like under 1000$. I'm not looking to turbo or supercharge it. So far all i've done is put on a cold air intake, and performance bracings. What are some other things i can do?
- See if anyone does custom PCM tunes for Hyundais. Something like that can make a huge difference in how the car feels and is usually cheap00
- Exhaust System (Headers+Cat+Muffler)
Performance Upgrade Suspension Assembly
Lightweight Underdrive Pulleys (while not the biggest gain compared to the exhaust it is the most noticeable)
Performance Ignition System
Performance Upgrade Brake Assembly
Nitrous (if you're not going with turbo or supercharger)
Upgrade the Fuel Supply (Pump+Lines+Injectors)
The most noticeable gain would be in the following order Nitrous, Pulleys, Exhaust00
- 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited 2.5 or 3.0 inlet?
- What type of gas does a 2016 Hyundai Accent take?
- The heat in my Hyundai Sonata only works on the drivers side?
- How long is it that the Queen's ex butler, Bruce Heath, has been in what his doctors call a catatonic state?
- 09 Hyundai Elantra having difficulty starting?
- Which is the better car, a Hyundai santa Fe or a Honda CR-V? Why?
- Is 2004 Hyundai santa Fe with 225,000 miles on it worth buying?
- Could somebody please explain to me how the Royal Family earned their exquisite lifestyle?