How to straighten trigger finger?
So my moms middle finger is stuck right now like bent down and she can't straighten it.. It's called trigger finger. Any suggestions on how to straighten it?
- Perfect answer Hal Lancer, I had the steroid injections which you mentions which gave remarkable results (for 6 months) but because I over grip all the time I now need surgery. Just mainly wanted to confirm your answer as correct for anyone else who is worried/ curious as I was previously00
- Trigger finger occurs due to tendon inflammation in the hand.
She should consider having it evaluated by an orthopedic hand surgeon, but there are also some things she can do for it before seeing a doctor, with the goal of reducing inflammation. Rest the hand. No gripping, typing, holding a game controller, writing, etc. with that hand. Gently splinting the finger so that it's in a straight position and is forced to rest may help. If she can safely take them, over-the-counter anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen may help. If she tries those things with no relief, she can see a doctor for an injection which may correct the problem temporarily or long-term. If all that fails, outpatient surgery can be performed, and that normally does correct it when all else does not, if the surgeon is good.
You can verify all this (in the section labeled, "How Is Trigger Finger Treated?") and learn more about trigger finger by clicking this link:
- Muscle spasm in my back best answer?
- The top of my head feels so hot... I have a mild temp 99.2 F (37.3 C) and I've had a migraine all day. I've never felt like this before.?
- I don’t know what to do. I’ve had bad shin splints for about a month now and every time I tell my family that they force me to go.?
- What's rheumatoid arthritis?
- What’s the difference between sore throat and strep throat?
- Should I go to hospital?
- What could be wrong with my ear?
- Arthritis treat ment?
- Do I have a migraine?
- Help me my girlfriend for a year and 3 months is in the hospital?