How to straighten trigger finger?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "How to straighten trigger finger?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Perfect answer Hal Lancer, I had the steroid injections which you mentions which gave remarkable results (for 6 months) but because I over grip all the time I now need surgery. Just mainly wanted to confirm your answer as correct for anyone else who is worried/ curious as I was previously
Trigger finger occurs due to tendon inflammation in the hand.
She should consider having it evaluated by an orthopedic hand surgeon, but there are also some things she can do for it before seeing a doctor, with the goal of reducing inflammation. Rest the hand. No gripping, typing, holding a game controller, writing, etc. with that hand. Gently splinting the finger so that it's in a straight position and is forced to rest may help. If she can safely take them, over-the-counter anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen may help. If she tries those things with no relief, she can see a doctor for an injection which may correct the problem temporarily or long-term. If all that fails, outpatient surgery can be performed, and that normally does correct it when all else does not, if the surgeon is good.
You can verify all this (in the section labeled, "How Is Trigger Finger Treated?") and learn more about trigger finger by clicking this link:
- Back Surgery, very nervous! Help!?
- Why do my arms and shoulders hurt when I sneeze?
- I've been walking all day and only one of my legs hurt. When I ask my brother, he said both his legs hurt. Whats wrong with me?
- Why does my vastus medialis cramp so easily?
- 4 days and theres still pain when I push into my stomach?
- Can anybody tell me what's going on? The side of my neck is huge and swollen and it's getting worse everyday! It hurts to move my head too.?
- Whats the street value of a 7.5 hydrocodone? I have 14 of them and want to sell them but don't know what they're worth. Can anyone help?
- How do I give myself chest pains?
- I've had back pain for years can chiropractic xray show cancer or any other dangerous in the back?
- Does appendix pain (appendicitis) go away?