Meaning of The Word "Apparently" &"Ironic"?
Can you guys explain it me with examples and where to use these words.
Please avoid using any definition from dictionary :-)
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Meaning of The Word "Apparently" &"Ironic"?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Apparently used in a movie is usually very sarcastic or matter-of-fact. In movies it's just exaggerating what the character is saying like 'apparently Tina likes to cause problems'.
Apparently - as far as one knows or can see
These days I think you are more likely to find apparently meaning "it appears that", "it seems that", "it looks as if", ...
Examples - The change in the company's location was apparently due to the need for more space.
Priceless artwork had apparently been stolen during the museum's power outage.
To understand the word "ironic" you must know what is irony. Irony is not sth made of iron perhaps it means opposite of what one is saying.
Irony - The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
Ironic - using or characterized by irony
Example - It was an ironic twist of fate for the greatest swimmer in the Olympic history-drowning in a swimming pool.
It was ironic that the woman married a soldier as she was against war.
- What is this word?
- Can you use the words "desire for" if you re using "desire" as a verb?
- What does 'oombala' mean?
- Who or whom?
- If there was a Take a Yahoo Answers User To Work Day, which user would you take to work with you?
- Literall meaning of contortion?
- Was already resigned? correct?
- Can you start a sentence with "but"?
- Why can't British people pronounce words correctly....?
- What's the difference in US between a bookstore and a book shop?