Christians, about consuming blood?
It seems to me that its circumstantial whether this is considered sinful. Unlike what Jehovahs witnesses believe. Let me elaborate. Assume you were to intentionally consume real blood as part of a ritual. This can be likened to an occult practice and would be detestable to God. Now assume your companion got bit by a venomous snake. You suck the blood out to save his life. Now you have ingested both blood and poison and you may die. You have put down your life to save your friend. Are you guilty of sin?Blood transfusions are even further from ritualistic eating of blood.
- That is jw, not Christians. Oh my, you not supposed to such the poison. The fact they want to suck the poison because they are extremely poisonous that would desolve your flesh in minutes. You would not want to put something like that in your oral cavity31
- I would never have a blood transfusion.00
- "What does the Bible say about eating/drinking blood?"
- Well, contradictory to what many will admid on here you can't take the jwdism out of christianity or vice versa. The jws created christianity to keep people stupid sheep that don't question anything.00
- J.W's simply obey this...
(Acts 15:20) but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.
Misuse of blood is in the same ' league' as false worship and fornication...10
- Consuming blood as either food or drink was forbidden in the Bible. The blood of animals had to be poured on the ground in acknowledgement that it represents God-given life. Which is sacred. This does not mean, of course, that every last drop of blood must be drained out of a carcass before people can eat it! That would be absurd and impossible. The principle of life being a sacred gift from God is the point. Thus blood was never to be consumed by God's people.
Yet consider the difference when blood is used medically in order to SAVE life - that is completely upholding the principle of the sanctity of life! Further, the blood donor does not die in order to help the receiver! When blood (the symbol) becomes more important than that which it signifies (life) you can be sure people have totally misconstrued what the Bible says about the sanctity of life.
The irony is not in sucking blood out of a wound then spitting it out, but in how those who choose to die rather than receive life-giving whole blood transfusions will accept blood fractions in other medical treatments! Yet those same people try to use Acts 15 to say they must abstain from blood. Well, a fractionated part of blood cells is still part of blood, even if it no longer has the skin of whole blood around it. Talk about picking and choosing. This is what happens when a group of men in the late 1950s decide that they will prove their integrity to Jehovah by refusing life-saving blood transfusions. And then they sanction members who do not toe the line by throwing them out and saying they will die at Armageddon if it happens while they're outside of their organization. Hundreds of thousands of those members have been sacrificed on their organizations altar of blood transfusions. AiH20
- Is blasphemy spoken toward someone?
- Atheists. What about this hymn from your Atheists Book Of Pages, Book Of Tomb, Tome chapter 2 verse 1-3?
- Christians, why shouldn't I as an atheist be able to tell you that you're wrong, you only have to look at the bible to see just how wrong?
- If all Christians read (and understood) the works of Karl Popper, they would cease to believe in God. Don't you agree?
- Christians: Can you name 5 proofs that completely and conclusively PROVE that God exists?
- Do you really believe that God made the world in 6 days?
- What is a world without atheism like?
- Christians, why can't you produce real evidence for a god & not religious evidence but the type of real evidence you need in a court room?
- When atheists say there is no God, but refuse to prove it, do they lose all credibility?
- What is God's ultimate plan?