Buddha says so much about life style...
You need to read their Holy Text first.
Buddhism life styles?
What are the life styles of Buddhism?
- Buddhists usually make the 5 Precepts Vows:
- not to steal (not to take anything that is not actually and freely GIVEN to you by its owner)
- not to lie (not even to mislead)
- not to kill (even insects)
- not to engage in wrongful sexuality (adultery, cheating, using others)
- not to become intoxicated/stoned.
And they will meditate every morning ... an hour is the minimum.
Apart from that, they live and look like anyone else.
Except the longer they are a Buddhist, the harder it is to get them annoyed, upset, angry, or frightened .. and they tend to smile more and laugh gently and easily .. more than non-Buddhists.
And they don't tend to talk about themselves a lot or demand the spotlight.
They also seemed to be very willing to help.
But these are behaviors that are easy to miss if you aren't looking for them.
Buddhism is essentially disciplining your mind, and using the focused mind to look inward and observe what goes on inside of you. Buddhism is not really a lifestyle, nor a philosophy, nor a religion .. it's something you do and MOST of what you are doing is being done inside .. not observable by others.00
- Life styles depend on the (Buddhist) tradition and if you are a lay believer of a priest.
I have been practicing Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism for almost 30 years. The Buddhist practice is a very important part of my life. Our practice contains the practice of Gongyo (recitation of parts of the Lotus Sutra) and chanting of Daimoku, Nam-Myohh-Renge-Kyo. Besides that attending temple activities and study. Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism is based on the teachings of Nichiren Daishonin, a Japanese priest who lived during the 13th century. The main temple is located in Japan, but there are many local temples and people practicing this Buddhism in many countries around the world.
Is you are interested in getting some more information about this I would suggest to read:00
- Why has god made you so beautiful?
- Why do you not worship the Devil?
- How is that possible?
- Atheists, what is your response to this statement?
- Why do atheists piss me off so much?
- How do I know which religion is the right one?
- Did men create religion to control other men?
- Do you have a motto that you live by?
- Are Jehovah's Witnesses more honest in translating the Bible than Catholics, Baptists, Methodists and Non-denominational's?
- If Jesus is God how come he has a father?