How do u ferment foods?
is it healthy and why
- what is ferment?02
- The two most common ways of fermenting vegetables are wild fermentation or by using a whey starter to help speed up the process or depending on what it is you are going to ferment. Wild fermentation is done by sprinkling salt over the fresh veggies which draws the liquid out and creates the salt brine for your veggies to safely ferment in. And a whey started is that liquid on top of plain yogurt. It is used as a starter culture which means that it already has the good bacteria you are trying to grow more of so once added it should grow more rapidly. Now it does depend on what it is you are trying to ferment. Some vegetables can not be fermented by just adding salt so you would need a starter culture. The most common vegetable used in wild fermentation is cabbage which is used to make sauerkraut and kimchi. It is healthy because like probiotic supplements people take for digestive regularity, and overall health. These fermented foods do the same thing if not more. These good bacterias that you are putting in your digestive system help to fight off the years of bad bacterias you have stored in your gut. Increasing your overall immune system. For more info check out the link in my source.00
- Fermented foods are foods produced or preserved by the action of microorganisms. In this context, fermentation typically refers to the fermentation of sugar to alcohol using yeast, but other fermentation processes involve the use of bacteria such as lactobacillus, including the making of foods such as yogurt and sauerkraut. The science of fermentation is known as zymology.
Many pickled or soured foods are fermented as part of the pickling or souring process, but many are simply processed with brine, vinegar, or another acid such as lemon juice.
Back in the olden days, people found out ways to preserve food for the winter.
Many cultures still do.
Modern times, fermented foods are not a necessity, but dang it some are really good.
Think pickles, sauerkraut or kimchi.
Most cultures have something that's fermented.00
- Baby changing station doesn't work?
- Vegan breakfasts for omnivores?
- Do any one sales electric cooker but i need two plates and cooker?
- Where should I go to celebrate my mother's birthday out of these options?
- What are the best simple food I can make at home?
- Can Cereal Be Eaten Anytime?
- Can I substitute vinegar for wine in a recipe?
- Can a crockpot boil water?
- How long is plain cooked pasta good in the frig?
- What are you doing ?