The Conjuring is a completely different type of movie than those 2.
The Hostels and Human Centipede were made for gross out value. The Conjuring tries to generate suspense coupled with quite a few jump scares . . .
Is this "Conjuring" movie all it is hyped up to be?
I keep hearing reviews like it is the best horror movie ever. Keep in mind, that I've watched all the Hostles and Human Centipede.
- Way too much hype IMO. I did enjoy it, but scariest movie ever, priests helping people after,sleeping with bibles.....Lol HOGWASH.00
- It seems that every horror movie that comes out is the best horror movie of all time. I personally feel that is a good movie and is compared to some old time classic horror which is psychological horror. This does not include the typical R rated horror movie of today with the gore fest and x amount of violence. If you like movies like The Others, Poltergeist, or the Exorcist then this movies would be great for you.00
- I must admit that we have seen this film in one form or another over the past forty-years. From the "Amityville Horror," to the granddaddy of them all "The Exorcist,” what makes director, James Wan's ("Saw" & "Insidious") new take on the paranormal horror genre different than the two classic films mentioned, is the execution. Wan's vision of horror is superb as he brings all the paranormal horror genre tropes together perfectly. I walked into "The Conjuring" hoping that this film would scare the living daylights out of me. Something that would leave me emotionally spent after the lights come up. "The Conjuring” is the film that does exactly that. Ignore the based on a true story tagline. This film is scary and will scare the crap out of you.00
- Check out these reviews on the link below
- "The Conjuring" is a very good movie, and as a horror film enthusiast, I'd say it's easily the best one of the 21st century. What makes it so good is the acting, which is great from the major characters to the children to the minor characters. Good acting is extremely rare for a horror film, because the producers usually cover up bad acting with gore, blood, and violence. The Conjuring is completely free of gore, violence, sex, and foul language, making it a rarity for any film these days, regardless of genre. It's a horror film in the classic sense; completely different from Hostel, Human Centipede, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc. I'd say the films that come closest in comparison are "Insidious" and "Paranormal Activity."
The Conjuring is allegedly based on a true story. Of course, I'm sure Hollywood changed the storyline a bit, but in any case, it gives us a very realistic look at the work and experiences of real people (Ed and Lorraine Warren and the Perron family).
I'd say it's definitely worth checking out. It has an 8.1 out of 10 rating on IMDb and 85% out of 100 on Rotten Tomatoes; extremely high marks for not just a horror movie, but a movie from any genre! It didn't get that for no reason. And yes, as a previous poster said, ignore the comments about a priest being at a theater and people sleeping with Bibles. If you get that disturbed by a movie, chances are your mental health was in a very poor state beforehand.20
- Did you see the new Halloween movie today if so does Michael finally kill her?
- The sequel to Halloween is called Halloween?
- In Jurassic world fallen kingdom why are all the dinosaurs taken to the Lockwood manor for auction?
- Whats your favourite musical score of a famous film?
- What are some good 2000s horror films to watch for Halloween?
- Who is your favorite James Bond's Girl?
- Favorite movie character?
- What do you think is the best action film ever made?
- Was Jesus Christ really the Messiah, it was he just a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!!?
- What is your ranking of the Disney Star Wars movies so far?