A gamete is the sex cell produced by a sexually reproducing parent, for example an egg or sperm cell. One gamete from each parent is then fused during fertilization to produce a zygote.
It seems likely that you could describe each of the gametes each of you could produce. With the hair color example, you could produce gametes containing the B allele or the b allele, but your celebrity could only produce gametes with B.
Hope that helps, and good luck!
GENETICS project: gamete?
i have to do a project for bio where i "have a baby" with a celebrity by combining our traits. whats gamete mean and how can i apply it to my project? example: i have light brown hair so it would be Bb and he has dark so it would be BB
- Explain why the recorded signals of a ECG are different when the electrodes are positioned along the muscle vs across the muscle.?
- How does plankerton reproduce?
- Please help?
- The breakdown of glucose?
- Is evolution a theory?
- What would happen if the nitrogen in earth's atmosphere was replaced with carbon dioxide?
- Do I See You Or Just a Copy of you in my mind's artificial simulation of the world?
- Are people with Brown/Black hair and eyes "White"?
- If a man freezes his sperm and becomes a woman with women parts, can they impregnate themselves with their own sperm?
- How do you pronounce the name of the enzyme 'protease'?