A gamete is the sex cell produced by a sexually reproducing parent, for example an egg or sperm cell. One gamete from each parent is then fused during fertilization to produce a zygote.
It seems likely that you could describe each of the gametes each of you could produce. With the hair color example, you could produce gametes containing the B allele or the b allele, but your celebrity could only produce gametes with B.
Hope that helps, and good luck!
GENETICS project: gamete?
i have to do a project for bio where i "have a baby" with a celebrity by combining our traits. whats gamete mean and how can i apply it to my project? example: i have light brown hair so it would be Bb and he has dark so it would be BB
- Explain how signal molecules binding to a membrane receptor can elicit a cellular response?
- Organelle where energy is released from broken down food molecules?
- Is suicide a natural choice?
- How can I evolve into a cheetah?
- So i think bananas in the uk are genetically modified to be seedless but my friends think not. is this true?
- Can a Gorilla learn boxing?
- Is selective breeding one way a species can evolve?
- Is there an alternative scientific theory/hypothesis to evolutionary theory, for how the many species of plants and animals came to exist?
- Why do humans kill each other?
- Evolutionist claim verbally that non-life can give life.How can a thing can give a thing to another thing that it did not possess,ridiculous?