A gamete is the sex cell produced by a sexually reproducing parent, for example an egg or sperm cell. One gamete from each parent is then fused during fertilization to produce a zygote.
It seems likely that you could describe each of the gametes each of you could produce. With the hair color example, you could produce gametes containing the B allele or the b allele, but your celebrity could only produce gametes with B.
Hope that helps, and good luck!
GENETICS project: gamete?
i have to do a project for bio where i "have a baby" with a celebrity by combining our traits. whats gamete mean and how can i apply it to my project? example: i have light brown hair so it would be Bb and he has dark so it would be BB
- How do some bacteria 'sense' light?
- If one of your parents is heterozygous for a recessive single gene disorder and the other parent has the disorder,?
- How many people know through experience if not more, how cigarettes and alcohol are a much worse addiction than marijuana?
- How would you characterize an independent or individualistic culture?
- Why can't atheists provide any testable evidence for evolution?
- Did Darwin disprove the myth of extinction?
- Is evolution a tested verified settled science?
- Am I going to be a human for my entire life?
- Do Babies have DNA like Adults?
- Do we inherit evil or obstinance and kindness from our parents in our genes?