Hello, Many users have problems with web cams. Press the designated button to turn on your camera. If you are using an external camera, use a compatible USB cable to connect the camera to the USB port of your computer.
Visit a website that allows you to test your webcam online. An example of a site you can use include http://www.ehow.com/how_8443971_test-web...
Next try this.
Click the "Allow" button from the flash player settings window. You should now see live video footage from your web camera. If you don't see live video, your web camera is not working properly.
To reinstall the drivers try this. Right click on My Computer-> Properties -> Device manager -> Imaging Devices -? Webcam. Right click on the webcam and uninstall it. This will cause the computer to reinstall the drivers and software. Restart the computer and hopefully your problem will be fixed.
Here are a list of sites that will help
http://download.cnet.com/windows/webcam-... This is free software.
http://www.camersoft.com/webcam-recorder... Try the free trial first.
http://www.any-video-recorder.com/ This is free software.
Here is a site with a very good video, it is by Dell the information is so good you should watch it, it will help you understand http://youtu.be/y0yvmJvWgKI
Need some special effects, here are some sites that you may like
Hey, I enjoyed your question, I have worked as a technician most of my life, I hope I have helped you...
CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Professional
Chicony camera comes on then goes off using skype?
acts like something else is using the camera but no other programs are open.
- What are the best alternatives to streaming video files on external hard drives other than a laptop/HDMI to TV?
- I spilt nail harder into my laptop keys. What can I do to remove it. The keys are all sticky and difficult to manipulate?
- Can I use a 45W charger on my laptop that only requires 40W?
- Which Macbook should I buy for my son to go to college?
- How to clearly destroy hard drive?
- What can I do about my Lenovo laptop?
- Do todays laptops and computers have a CD-Rom?
- I'm gonna install Windows 95 on my new Core i7 Laptop!?
- Can you turn an old laptop into a gaming pc?
- My laptop has very poor performance IF not on the charger. reason??