What is a concrete detail?
in my senior english class we have to do a critical analysis. my teacher wants us to write 2 pages single spaced, and we need to use concrete details.... but i dont know what a concrete detail is! help it is due tomorrow.
- concrete details are facts and quotes from an excerpt. They help support the idea you're trying to portray.00
- concrete detail:identifies things perceived through the senses (touch, smell, sight, hearing, and taste), such as soft, stench, red, loud, or bitter.
abstract detail:In traditional philosophy a 'concrete term' is defined as a word which denotes a particular person or thing, and an 'abstract term' is defined as a noun which denotes qualities that exist only as attributes of particular persons or things. A sentence, accordingly, is said to be concrete if it makes an assertion about a particular subject, and abstract if it makes an assertion about an abstract subject. With reference to literature, however, these terms are often used in an extended way: a passage is called abstract if it represents its subject matter in general or nonsensuous words or with only a thin realization of its experienced qualities; it is called concrete if it represents its subject matter with striking particularity and sensuous detail. In his Ode to Psyche, John Keats uses a concrete description of a local which involveds qualities that are perceived by four senses; hearing, touch, sight and smell.00
- How can I be more outgoing and engaging?
- The width of a rectangle is 99inches less than the length. The perimeter is 54inches. Find the length and the width.?
- I am stuck. Can someone help with an excel homework problem?
- How much aluminum nitrate can be found when 5 g of aluminum react with lead(II) nitrate? Answer in units of mol.?
- Creative Writing Topic?
- If i'm writing an essay about myself, am I allowed to write in first person?
- A homeowner estimates that it will take him 6 days to roof his house. A professional roofer estimates...?
- Wat was the full for titanic as petrol or diesel was not used for it?
- Law students HELP!!! I’m currently doing an assignment for contract law which is due in in 48hours and I haven’t started!?
- What’s the difference between of hurricanes, typhoons, and cyclones?