Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Jammed finger????.??" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
The only way I know is pull it hard and fast but not repeatedly cause that will worsen it and then just ice it
Chiroprator.... Get the guy who treats the carpenters and plumbers. Those are very practical guys and have to treat all kinds of weird things.
We cannot know for sure, but it might be a jammed finger. Pain, swelling, loss of motion, and loss of strength are all very common symptoms of a jammed finger. Swelling within the joint is very obvious, and you can usually tell very easily when you have suffered a finger sprain. One knuckle will swell up, and it will look noticibly bigger than the others. Unfortunately, this swelling often lasts for weeks if not months. Motion usually come back fairly quickly, depending on how severe the sprain is.
Whether or not you can treat it yourself really depends on how bad it is. To treat a jammed finger with no signs of dislocation or fracture, a warm soak in an Epsom salt bath should provide some relief. Sports creams containing analgesics or warming agents could also be applied to provide some muscular pain relief and reduce swelling.
To treat a jammed finger which has been dislocated, it is usually best to consult a medical professional. In an emergency, you may be able to reset a dislocated finger yourself with a deliberate pulling action, but keep in mind that the process can be extremely painful to endure. The pain should subside significantly once the jammed finger is properly reset, however. When in doubt of the outcome, however, simply immobilize the affected finger and allow a trained physician to manipulate the dislocation in a controlled setting.
- I have a sharp brief recurring pain under right collar bone?
- Sharp pain on right side of my head?
- Which is best for lack of sleep headache? Advil, Tylenol, or Excedrin? ?
- Not sure why I have upper back pain and how to make it go away?
- Chest and neck pain for a 13 year old girl?
- What fingers do you use to finger someone?
- Females and gay men?
- What is your best way of dealing with headache?
- Last night I hit my temple pretty hard on the corner of a cabinet. I now have a headache and am dizzy and groggy. Should I see a doctor?
- I think I may have appendicitis and my mom won t take me to the hospital.?