What's it like being a Army infantryman?
I'd like to join the army and would like to be a infantryman. Can you veterans and current soldiers tell me what some requirements and what it's like being a rifleman?
- Best six years of my life!! You will spend alot of time ruck marching and running and doing PT. You will be in the mud you carry heavy rucksacks long distances, you will fly in helicopters and jump from planes. You will be tired and have to keep pushing through. You will learn to shoot, move and communicate in HIGH stress enviroments. You will not shower for days and on cold nights you will cuddle up and share a sleeping bag with your buddy. It will build the best friendships you never knew you could have with someone. Its a very hard life But we party like nobodys business when work is over. Go Ranger, its the best place to enjoy true infantry life. Feel free to ask anymore questions. I love recruiting infantrymen.00
- Between the security of childhood and the insecurity of manhood, we find a fascinating species of humans called Infantryman. They come in all shapes and sizes. In trucks. In boats. In various barracks. In love and always in debt. Girls love them. Towns tolerate them and the Government supports them - Just. An Infantryman is sharp with a pack of cards. Deadly with a set of darts and protector of the earth on half a dozen pints. He has the speed of a striking slug, the slyness of a fox, the brains of a rocking horse and the stories of a sea captain. He has the sincerity of a born liar and the aspirations of Casanova.
Some of his interests are girls, woman, females, dames, birds, the opposite sex and spending other peoples money!!! He usually has 2 girlfriends, 1 friends with benefits, a girl he pays money for, a wife, 2 ex wives and atleast 4 children - 1 with the wife, 2 with the ex wife and 1 with his girlfriend. The rest he doesn't know of. His dislikes are answering letters, wearing uniform, provost Sergeants, BFT, the RSM and reveille. No one else could cram into one pocket a crumpled ID card, a packet of crushed cigarettes, a picture of his girlfriend(s), a comb, a bottle opener, an old leave pass and what’s left of last months pay. He likes spending money on beer, sometimes on girls, some on horses, some on football pools and the rest... foolishly.
An Infantryman is a magical creature. You can scratch him off your nominal roll but never off your mind.He is your one and only hairy arsed, good for nothing bundle of worries. But all your shattered dreams come whole again, when he comes staggering home, looks at you with those big bloodshot eyes and simply says..“Hello love Gis a go of your body”00
- Weight limit on joining the u.s. marines?
- If you are an e5 living on base and get promoted to e6 in the army does corvias take your whole bah after promotion?
- Did the Japanese Imperial Infantry ever used a machine gun with belt ammunition or with higher fire rate?
- Why doesn't the US army use MG 42s as they're the best?
- Why do servicemen get paid so little when youre putting your life on the line?
- Can a military spouse have their own career?
- Can combat vets with psychological issues benefit from having a pet?
- Can someone join the Military if he is over the weight limit for his height but the weight is from having super thick bones?
- In the military.. having a hard time. Any advice?
- Sorry for the tmi! But I need help!! My huusband is a SSgt. in the Air Force...?