Give me a link to About embalmers?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Give me a link to About embalmers?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
As stated in the link:
"Who were the Embalmers in Ancient Egypt? Where did the embalmers work?
The embalmers worked on the west bank of the Nile away from the residential areas. The process of mummification was both a religious and technical process and therefore practised by the priests who were trained in both the mummification process, and the religious rituals that were associated with it.
There were different types of priest embalmers who worked in an embalming hall and workshop called a “Wabet”, meaning a clean place. The names and the roles of the ancient Egyptian Embalmers who worked in the Wabet were as follows:
- The Hery Sesheta (the priest who wore the Anubis mask) - The Hery Sesheta was in charge of the embalming and mummification process. The name Hery Sesheta meant 'Overseer of the Mysteries'. This was the priest who wore the mask of the god Anubis in the mummification and burial rituals. Wearing the mask symbolised Anubis watching and guiding the priests in the mummification process. The Hery Sesha made the incision for removal of the internal organs
- The Hetemw Netjer - The Hetemw Netjer was the priest who assisted the Hery Sesheta with the death rituals (the Anubis jackal mask worn by the Hery Sesheta severely impaired his line of vision). The title Hetemw Netjer meant seal bearer of the god Osiris.
- The Hery Heb - The Hery Heb was the lector priest who was present during the mummification process to read spells and prayers which related to the rituals and mummification process.
- The Wetyw - The Wetyw were the most junior and undertook roles such as removing the organs and bandaging the mummy during the mummification process.
The Egyptian embalmers were very secretive about the art and process of mummification, and left no documents or accounts which related to their mysteries and rituals."
- Where can i find full episodes of the romeo show?
- 2 hours of day on a phone for children under 10 years old affect their ability to react socially to peers of their age.?
- Homework question, quick please!?
- Hi, I need help logging in.?
- How do I word this sentence?
- What effect has the "Day without Immigrants" had for you?
- How do i write $895 dollar s?
- Some people think future and past doesn't exist. Only now exists. What are evidences of this ideas?
- Is an unexpected crisis an oxymoron?
- Im writing a research paper on teen smoking (im against it btw) and i need help thinking up a thesis statement?