Give me a link to About embalmers?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Give me a link to About embalmers?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
As stated in the link:
"Who were the Embalmers in Ancient Egypt? Where did the embalmers work?
The embalmers worked on the west bank of the Nile away from the residential areas. The process of mummification was both a religious and technical process and therefore practised by the priests who were trained in both the mummification process, and the religious rituals that were associated with it.
There were different types of priest embalmers who worked in an embalming hall and workshop called a “Wabet”, meaning a clean place. The names and the roles of the ancient Egyptian Embalmers who worked in the Wabet were as follows:
- The Hery Sesheta (the priest who wore the Anubis mask) - The Hery Sesheta was in charge of the embalming and mummification process. The name Hery Sesheta meant 'Overseer of the Mysteries'. This was the priest who wore the mask of the god Anubis in the mummification and burial rituals. Wearing the mask symbolised Anubis watching and guiding the priests in the mummification process. The Hery Sesha made the incision for removal of the internal organs
- The Hetemw Netjer - The Hetemw Netjer was the priest who assisted the Hery Sesheta with the death rituals (the Anubis jackal mask worn by the Hery Sesheta severely impaired his line of vision). The title Hetemw Netjer meant seal bearer of the god Osiris.
- The Hery Heb - The Hery Heb was the lector priest who was present during the mummification process to read spells and prayers which related to the rituals and mummification process.
- The Wetyw - The Wetyw were the most junior and undertook roles such as removing the organs and bandaging the mummy during the mummification process.
The Egyptian embalmers were very secretive about the art and process of mummification, and left no documents or accounts which related to their mysteries and rituals."
- I'm making a sci-fi themed RPG game?
- *URGENT DUE IN FEW HOURS* Hello! I need a title for my persuasive speech, it's about persuading my parents into getting me a credit card!!?
- Is there too much pressure on teenagers and young women to have the perfect body?
- Math alegbra question?
- An airplane flies 1,660 miles in 4 hours, how far will it fly in 5 hours?
- How do I memorize which symbol is greater than and which symbol is less than. (< / >)?
- How does Morse Code help people?
- I'm doing a research paper on how urbanization is caused from mental illness.?
- Are there any legitimate sites that you can pay someone to write a term paper for you?
- What steps would you take to simplify ((3x+2)-2)/3?