Give me a link to About embalmers?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Give me a link to About embalmers?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
As stated in the link:
"Who were the Embalmers in Ancient Egypt? Where did the embalmers work?
The embalmers worked on the west bank of the Nile away from the residential areas. The process of mummification was both a religious and technical process and therefore practised by the priests who were trained in both the mummification process, and the religious rituals that were associated with it.
There were different types of priest embalmers who worked in an embalming hall and workshop called a “Wabet”, meaning a clean place. The names and the roles of the ancient Egyptian Embalmers who worked in the Wabet were as follows:
- The Hery Sesheta (the priest who wore the Anubis mask) - The Hery Sesheta was in charge of the embalming and mummification process. The name Hery Sesheta meant 'Overseer of the Mysteries'. This was the priest who wore the mask of the god Anubis in the mummification and burial rituals. Wearing the mask symbolised Anubis watching and guiding the priests in the mummification process. The Hery Sesha made the incision for removal of the internal organs
- The Hetemw Netjer - The Hetemw Netjer was the priest who assisted the Hery Sesheta with the death rituals (the Anubis jackal mask worn by the Hery Sesheta severely impaired his line of vision). The title Hetemw Netjer meant seal bearer of the god Osiris.
- The Hery Heb - The Hery Heb was the lector priest who was present during the mummification process to read spells and prayers which related to the rituals and mummification process.
- The Wetyw - The Wetyw were the most junior and undertook roles such as removing the organs and bandaging the mummy during the mummification process.
The Egyptian embalmers were very secretive about the art and process of mummification, and left no documents or accounts which related to their mysteries and rituals."
- Where can I find Unappreciated acapella by Cherish?
- List three religious belief of the tainos?
- Hi I am in a very critical condition and so is my 15 year old daughter i need help starting a go fund me page?
- How do I tell my teacher that I was unable to do my homework cause of a headache?
- Right Triangles: Can the hypotenuse and a leg have the same length?
- Is it plagiarism if you paraphrase?
- How to find purpose in life , when you can't find satisfaction in anything you do ?
- Is my teacher wrong . She says you can't divide fractions?
- What's the craziest solution you think of to solve bullying?
- What fraction is greater than 1/2 and less than 3/5?