Are they effective in increasing the destructive force of a punch? Yes. As for anything else, no. Brass knuckles don't leave you a lot of room to open your hand, so there is a con to using them... that, and they're illegal.
Anything can be effective in a street fight, but you should take into consideration the consequences that you might make. A street fight is anything from a push and shove match to someone wanting to kill you. Who's ever at fault for starting it or dragging it out could be for a court to decide. It would be a good idea to not have your case heard as "he hit me once, so I pulled out my knife and stabbed him".
Brass knuckles have an piece you grip with your palm. The idea is to line your wrist straight with it so the energy is transferred and distributed into the strike. There is a strong possibility in breaking your wrist. There are also brass knuckles on the hilt of some knives (again, illegal). In that, the concept is still the same. A light piece of steel is no where near as damaging as a pair of brass knuckles.
Are brass knuckles effective??!?
Are brass knuckles really effective in a street fight? I'm just curious, it's just mostly a light piece of steel wrapped around your hand. Wouldn't throwing a punch with those hurt your hand? Wouldn't a pocketknife be more effective?
- sorry but i dont mean to as the thing is i see the use of weaponary in a fight as cowardly and on the one occasion in which your opponet has decided to weild a weapon is it the acceptable but yes they are effective for criminals04
- Brass knuckles are not effective in a fight. The person using the brass knuckles have to be effective in a fight. You still have to hit the person or stab the person.25
- this is probably if not the stupidest questions ever asked06
- This is a rather stupid question because there's an obvious answer. If I hit you in the head with a brick...will it hurt? If I hit you with a bat...will it hurt? If I hit you with brass, sometimes jagged, ring, would that hurt?40
- It is REALLY EFFECTIVE in any fight. You can literally break your opponent's face with that.To use it and don't hurt your hand you have to put pressure in your palm.I wouldn't suggest you to use a pocketknife because it can slip out of your hand, you need to know where you have to cut the opponent and things like that.I prefer and recomand you the brass knuckle !30
- Hope this helps!00
- For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aylKa
effective? yes. cheap shot? yes.00
- Steel Knuckles00
- Id argue the knife as long as its a fixed blade or a lock blade is more effective and if its descent in size. Brass knuckles are designed to preserve and concentrate a punch's force by directing it toward a harder and smaller contact area, they result in increased tissue disruption, and likely-hood of breaking bones. The extended and rounded palm grip also spreads across the attacker's palm the counter-force that would otherwise be absorbed primarily by the attacker's fingers, reducing the likelihood of damage to the attacker's fingers.
Are they effective? Yes they are more effective than your normal bare fist is but it all depends on the person using them the fighter the type of fight any thing can be effective in a street fight and the person wielding set weapon also needs to be proficient in its use or have lack on there side. If they are the "ideal" weapon to have in a street fight id argue no and that a large knife or a bat/club of some sort is much more effective even in the hands of the untrained, i mean lets think sword vs brass knuckles? really? All in all you should AVOID if you can street fights and risk of putting your body and your life on the line or other peoples. Fighting as an adult will amount to no good and typically land you in prison/jail for set amount of years or paying thousands in fines and having probation and other problems. Fighting once your an adult has huge consequences you dont just go home like you did in junior high and maybe a few days suspended... Im sure your not a "thug" or a mercenary/hit man or killer LOL! and your just asking because you are interested. But yes Brass knuckles are effective. Pocket knife isnt as efficient if its not a lock blade or a fixed blade imo and if its not of descent size.
you severly brusing my arms and face and likely breaking some bones with some punches in my face via brass knuckles is terrible. But if you insted had say a 5 inch blade knife that is a fixed blade or a lock blade so the blade wont fold back down. Than you can surely do way more damage imo.. Being stabbed you run the risk of bleeding out and many stab wounds or having things punctured are hard to fix and can lead to immediate death. Stabbing can also lead to breaking of bones, cutting can lead to someone bleeding out to.12
- MMA, boxing, muay thai and all combat and martial arts are real men sport. Who agrees?
- Is this a good self defense move?
- Taekwondo vs karate?
- I m a 15 and a girl and i wanted to know if it s werid to start mma i know its a male dominted sport but i love it my 1 class is soon help?
- Whats the point of martial arts, people have knives, guns and pepper spray now?
- Taekwondo vs karate?
- What martial art/defense training should I persue?
- How to control fear?
- Who would win in a fight?
- How real are mcdojos?