What's the difference between techno and dubstep?
I'm pretty sure they are the same, but they just renamed techno "dubstep" in order to attract the newer generation.
- dub is more.... wob and bass drops and stuff33
- Dubstep's more popular.04
- Techno is good31
- they both suck
is all about heavy metal, alternative rock, etc35
- Dubstep Techno Music00
- Techno, emerging in the late 1980s, is a form of electronic dance music that stems from Detroit, Michigan. An easy generalization to remember is that DJs are for radio and producers are for raves. While DJ’s progress from one record to the next (playing one song or beat after another), producers treat all of the sounds within their music studio as one large instrument and blend them together. The heavy use of a synthesizer encompasses soul, disco, funk, and electro music that blends the music together to create a uniformed sound. Techno branches out according to sound and rhythmic measurements. Acid House Techno, Chicago House, Detroit Sound, and Intelligent Techno are a few, of many, genres that exist within the realm of Techno music.
Dubstep dates back to 1998, thanks to the blokes and birds of South London. Like Techno and House music, Dubstep is another genre of electronic dance music. The underlying sound is remarkably similar to House, but Dubstep artists feature more clipped samples and occasional vocals. Dubstep is also known for its 2-step beat incorporating bass drops – when the percussion pauses and resumes with a greater intensity. Rewinds and spin backs are another common trait of Dubstep music. Artists are seen using turntables, keyboards, and a personal computer alongside sequencers and drum machines. Flying Lotus, Bassnectar, and Dark Star are a few of many Dubstep producers making a statement in the world of electronic dance.
- Heaviest Bands of the 60's?
- Does music that makes you feel like a badass eventually just make you a self-loathing jerk?
- Did Joe Strummer write the music or just the lyrics to "Lost In The Supermarket"?
- Father issues songs?
- You are having a party which band do you want to play? Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, Floyd, or the Who?
- Did Nirvana really define the 1990’s?
- Most under rated for their genre? Deep Purple, the Kinks, Iron Maiden?
- Which band do you prefer, Pantera or Sepultura?
- Rock and Pop: Who is your favorite member of the Eagles?
- Aloha Rock & Pop! What's your favorite song with a day of the week in the title?