Snow thrower Smoking?
I have a walk behind snow thrower, and requires 50:1 mixed gasoline. When i cold started it, and i put starting fluid in a bunch of blue smoke came out of the exhaust. After a few minutes of running it went away. but it used a whole half a tank of gas in a few minutes. is there something wrong with it?
- mix is wrong, should probably be 32: 1 if it is a 2 cycle engine11
- What snow thrower? I have never seen a 2-stroke (The only engine you should use mixed gas in) snow blower. I know they were made, and would be a fuel hog if you have one. Don't confuse a 2-Stage thrower (Auger and Impeller) with a 2-Stroke engine.
Might be, but again, Make and Mod of the thrower???..gas caps can be lost, broken, and replaced. If it is really a 2-stroke it is likely several years old. They are known fuel hogs, they have to run rich to lubricate the engines moving parts. The only ones I have seen were more of a power sweeper, small and lightweight units used to remove a small amount of snow from a small area. They typically have a small tank (because mixed gas rots and absorbs moisture much faster than unmixed).01
- I'm scared of my house?
- I have low water pressure in my shower how do I fix this?
- Does anyone know of any Dept of Trans diagrams on the exact measurements needed to access a residential driveway from a residential street?
- If I use space heater outlet on natural gas hot water tank for hydronic baseboard in my basement, will it work good?
- I think I was conned by a homeowner :(?
- How exactly does a fire alarm system activate for a school or dormitory?
- My breaker is over 50 years old and it keeps tripping when I use the microwave and oven(electric) would buying a new breaker help?
- My lawn mower is emitting a foul smell, however there is no gas in it. What s causing it?
- What would cause three different lights in my home to burn out simultaneously?
- Do dips in floors always mean foundational issues?