Yes, you need to be born again because 'eternity' is a long time to be without God.
Just don't go and get religous on us.
Find a 'born of God' church where they preach the gospel message on how to come into the blessing of the new birth.
Find a "Bible Chapel" .. Gospel Hall .. Bible church ...Bible Fellowship ...in your town and get hold of Christ .........
John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." 3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." 4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" 5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
1 John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.
1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world -- our faith.
1 John 5:18 . We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.
All the best in your 'wise' decision' to seek the God of the Bible ... Lord bless.
Should I become Christian?
I've been brought up in a very non religious family but now I'm thinking about becoming a Christian. I'd really love some help: Do you think I should become Christian? And what are some easy ways of becoming one? Thank you for the help, get back to me ASAP! Thanks, Amiee x
- Believe what you wanna believe. If you wanna be a Christian, go for it. Don't let anyone tell you not to, if you feel like you should or feel that you want to be one, then go ahead and be one. It's your life, make your own choice.
I don't think Christianity makes much sense, but whatever makes you happy, you should stick to it32
But if you think it might help you understand life or whatever, you could always go find a local church and/or youth group I suppose. Whatever works for you.12
- You can be whoever and whatever you want. I myself am Christian and I do find strength in my beliefs and my community. Don't pay any attention if your family does not support you in becoming Christian, but if they do, thats great. I'm 18 now and will remain a Christian for life. I think it really gives you a positive outlook on life and brings you closer to being whole as a person. I don't know how it works, because I was baptized at birth, but I am sure if you ask/contact a priest or church, they will be very happy to help you. Good luck!40
- Why would you want to have "faith" in this god?
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)04
- I would say that you should avoid christianity, but if you want to participate with other God believers christianity is the predominate religion. I would say to participate in the more liberal sectors of christianity such as an unitarian church. Also don't take christianity too seriously as it can produce axiety, depression and feelings of guilt and unworthness. In general, christianity contradicts an intelligent God and is filled with the ignorance and intolerance of man. That is why I say join a very liberal church like an unitarian church because they focus more on being tolerant, loving and generally build you up rather than tear you down.04
- If you can make sense of [1+1+1=1], then you either deserve to be a Christian or are already one of them.02
- Only you know if you should. Find a local church and start attending. Even better, find a couple of contrasting local churches and attend them, so you get a feel for what feeds you best. When you know more what you're looking for, pick a church that delivers and attend it regularly for a while. That will help a lot in deciding whether it is for you.
If you decide that you should indeed become a Christian after attending a church for a while, talk to the pastor/priest/vicar about joining/being baptised.
And get yourself a decent Bible in modern English: just about any translation except the New World Translation (which is the weird Jehovah's Witness one). The Good News Translation is the one I always recommend to the young and those very new to the Bible, because it uses such simple language and has a pretty neutral position compared to some of the more skewed translations, but really any Bible that you find readable will do.
Extra point: I know many Catholics would feel I should encourage you to learn about the history of Christianity, since history points to the Catholic and Orthodox Churches, but I tend to think it is overwhelming enough starting from a completely non-religious background and considering Christianity. A lot of young people in your position start with the so-called 'non-denominational' megachurches, or similarly upbeat and light services, which give an easy and energetic way to get started. Then, when they need something more in-depth, something deeper, they find a more conventional church.10
- Yes, you should become a Christian.
Because a Christian is born again as God's child (spiritually), we shall live in our family Home the Heaven.
How to become a Christian? Please pray this prayer with all your heart:
Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I believe in you. I know that I am a sinner. I believe that for my salvation You died on the cross and rose again. I repent of all my sin. Please forgive me, Jesus. I open my heart for you. Please send the Holy Spirit into my heart to dwell in me so that being reborn spiritually, I will grow up with your new heart and mind. Fill me with your agape love and power. You shall be my LORD from now on, and I will abide in your Word. Amen.
If you pray it with all your heart and mind, submitting yourself to Jesus as your Lord you are now a child of God. Get water-baptized and read the Bible daily starting with the Gospel (New Testament) and the first 18 chapters of Genesis, pray daily, and join a church that teaches the whole Bible, join small group, and walk with God. Love the LORD your God with all of your heart, all your mind, and all your soul, and love your neighbors as yourself. Make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything Jesus has taught.
Below are some links:
Undertanding the process: When we believe in Jesus, we become God's children spiritually, indwelled by His Holy Spirit, and raised by the Holy Spirit to His holiness to do good works from inside out. We are fully transformed when we leave for our Home the Heaven. Without such holiness there is no true peace.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God , to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13, NKJV
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Cor 5:17, NKJV)
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand” (John 10:27-28, NKJV)
“Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again , he cannot see the kingdom of God’” (John 3:3, NKJV)
“Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God” (1 Peter 1:22-24, NIV)31
- What is the significance of John baptizing Jesus?
- 1000 victims in just a few churches.....why would anyone want to be catholic???
- What makes a Christian a fundie?
- IF YOU TELL A BABY IN WOMB, millions be ABORTED IF EVER SAY no when alive, THEN WHAT?
- What moves many people to consider the existence of a Creator?
- What is the worst atrocity associated with the Christian faith?
- You shall not covet your neighbor's wife: if one has such thoughts, does that mean one has sinned, just for desiring? Like a thought crime?
- Question about keeping the Sabbath. Why do churches knowing the Sabbath day was changed to Sunday instead of Saturday continue to honor it?
- Why are some atheists arrogant and abusive towards religious people?
- Did you decide to be an atheist out of preference ?