What is the most commonly used letter?
i would like to know what the most commonly used letter in the english language is. my guess is A but im not sure.
- It's got to be a vowel. Maybe I or e00
- A or E00
- The most commonly used letter in the English language is the letter “e”. This is the case in the general language, in fiction and non-fiction writings, journalism, religious works like the Bible, and even in Morse code. The most common consonant in the English language is “t.”
With “e” being so common in the English language, one would think that it would start the most words. Actually “t” begins the most words, followed by “o.” “E” is the letter which most commonly occurs third in a word, and is the third most common second letter in a word. The most common second letter in a word in the English language is h.
Actually, “e” is far down the list of English language word beginners, and comes in at the 15th place. The five most common letters beginning words are “t,” “o,” “a,” “w,” and “b.”
Approximately half of the words in the English language end with the letters “e,” “t,” “d,” and “s” with the greatest share of words ending in “e.” Further, there are four letters most likely to follow “e" in a word. These are “r,” “s,” “n,” and “d.”00
- What is the definition of "present", as in "he's so present"?
- Would you date someone if you didn’t like their weirdo dad?
- Is there another word, other than "moist" to describe food that isn t dry?
- What does flag of convenience mean?
- The difference between gray and grey?
- What’s person called that’s straight up no drugs—No tobacco, No alcohol, no weed?
- Why have all of the world's problems been caused by males of color?
- Meaning of red?
- Is "She was given as a gift a horse" the same as "A horse was given as a gift to her"?
- What does the word exceed mean to you ?