What is the most commonly used letter?
i would like to know what the most commonly used letter in the english language is. my guess is A but im not sure.
- It's got to be a vowel. Maybe I or e00
- A or E00
- The most commonly used letter in the English language is the letter “e”. This is the case in the general language, in fiction and non-fiction writings, journalism, religious works like the Bible, and even in Morse code. The most common consonant in the English language is “t.”
With “e” being so common in the English language, one would think that it would start the most words. Actually “t” begins the most words, followed by “o.” “E” is the letter which most commonly occurs third in a word, and is the third most common second letter in a word. The most common second letter in a word in the English language is h.
Actually, “e” is far down the list of English language word beginners, and comes in at the 15th place. The five most common letters beginning words are “t,” “o,” “a,” “w,” and “b.”
Approximately half of the words in the English language end with the letters “e,” “t,” “d,” and “s” with the greatest share of words ending in “e.” Further, there are four letters most likely to follow “e" in a word. These are “r,” “s,” “n,” and “d.”00
- What does living under someone’s spotlight mean?
- Is there a word for when you do something to make up for something you’ve done wrong?
- Can anyone help me to find a substitute for the phrase "benefited stakeholder"?
- When someone asks "Are you saying that I can't record you?", and the other person says "No", this means that they CAN record them, right?
- What is the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?
- What is the meaning of due in "with all due respect"?
- What's the difference between WAKE EARLY and WAKE UP EARLY?
- What does compromising your dream mean?
- 'The blind leading the blind' - the meaning and origin.?
- Is this sentence grammatically correct: “I damn near almost lost her over that.”?