Built a computer from garage sale parts... aka used and not sooo old but they work decently and theres a prob.?
it turns off after around ... idk, 20-30 sec, but the day before i installed win 7 it didnt turn off..??
i changed the ram to 1 single brand and kind (not mixed) - same...
changed the fan, maybe it didnt like it and idk y that wud happen - same...
changed that lithium battery thing on the south bridge part of the motherboard - same...
i have no replacement processors sooo idk bout that but i dont think its that cuz it turns on....sooooooooooo yeah...
i HAVENT tried the power supply, and i know the board is NOT dead...
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Built a computer from garage sale parts... aka used and not sooo old but they work decently and theres a prob.?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
More information is needed, Ie, parts or more generally generation. Grage sale parts could mean anything form stuff some idiot on the cutting edge threw away, in which case I would say you need to look at overheating or your power supply, or things that are 20 years old in which case I woud ( in addition to those things) say you need to run software that is contemporary with your hardware.
i'd say it's graphics card but it could be power supply you might want to try something a little less power hungry like a usb linux or live cd version of linux if you can just boot into another less resource intensive os you could answer a few questions whether or not it's power supply graphics card or the os if you can boot a live cd or usb version of linux then it's an os issue and the installation process for windows 7 takes a while so if your computer was powered on and working and the graphics were on the screen and you had no errors then the os would be the culprit but i'd have to know more info was it a legitimate copy of windows 7 not some pirated copy is it perhaps a 64bit version and the hardware only supports 32bit or is it the other way around it could be anything really do you have multiple hard drives or just one is the jumper in the back of the hard drive set to master what if any error appears before the computer shuts off does it beep or give any warning if so what i suggest start with some really small linux distro read a bit first http://www.techradar.com/news/software/o...
- I just bought a new hdd for my gaming pc and i cannot format it.?
- My computer is making a grinding noise at start up only?
- If I gently tap my Ziomi Mia Max phablet on it's side it turns off. Could someone please explain why?
- Hi, I need some help with my computer RAM.?
- Which cpu is stronger i3 - 4130 or i7 6600u?
- What is wrong with my computer?
- Should I purchase a high-end iMac or build a PC with a budget of around $2,000?
- How can i test a motherboard without a CPU?
- Should i get the amd ryzen processors when they come out?
- Are all Intel Core i7 processors multicore processors (Dual or Quad)?