Hurricane irene water damage?
since my electronics were damaged in my basement during irene, what kind of person should i call to check my washer, dryer,furnace and water heater? Im in Linden,Nj if that helps
- Insurance agent, he can tell you what to do.00
- No, because of the fact i'm no longer interior the process the hurricane, yet i'm nevertheless surprised at a number of the wear and tear i've got considered on the information. great bushes ripped from the floor. residences and agencies broken. Sections of roads washed away. And the scariest factor is that for the duration of many circumstances the flooding is basically envisioned to worsen over right here couple of hours. Vermont, of all places, is particularly getting hammered. After seeing the aftermath of the hurricane, i ask your self what the morons who reported "it incredibly is in basic terms a classification one hurricane" in this board would desire to assert for themselves now.00
- Document your damage. Take photos and start to make an inventory of your losses.
Contact your insurance agent to start the claims process. Your agent will schedule an insurance adjuster to come evaluate your damage. Remember that large claims will take priority for the adjusters.
If you don't know your agent's number, here's a list of insurance company claims-filing phone numbers from the Insurance Information Institute.
Follow the insurance adjuster's instructions, which may include getting a detailed estimate for damage repair. Or your adjuster might recommend one of your insurer's preferred providers for repair, depending on the nature of your damage. You may be assigned more than one adjuster; for example, there may be an adjuster for structural damage and an adjuster for contents damage.
If your home is uninhabitable, home insurance will cover your additional living expenses, such as hotel and restaurant bills. It's important to keep all receipts for those expenses.
Continue to collect material to document your loss, including photos, receipts and your inventory of damaged items.00
- Will heatilator blower work on battery backup?
- Wet carpets and empty toilet bowls. Plumbing question please help!!?
- Fence cross board length?
- Is it safe to put a power strip inside a shoe box?
- Is the warm water dial/handle always on the left side in a shower, tub, or sink?
- Should I be concerned about this crack in my ceiling? Any suggestions on how to remedy it if necessary etc? And is it a specific type?
- Locks for my bedroom door?
- Is it normal that my house smells like carbon dioxide and smoke?
- Help with spare fire place. open fire place downstairs that we use,but the small fire place upstairs seems to be leaking smoke,?
- Which glue is best for watery area??like bath tub?