Has Roe vs Wade already been effectively overturned?
States are passing abortion restrictions like crazy and opponents are not challenging them because of the conservative justices in the Supreme Court.
- Not yet...but soon:)21
- Full term partial birth abortions seem to be going by the wayside, so it seems the next step never got achieved for the abortionists. At least the babies that make it out and breath air are pretty safe now from being killed by a mother who doesn't want him/her. Babies have Won that round. Abortionists are out on that.
Some states have effectively banned abortions by their imposition of waiting periods and parental notification,. They are also using zoning to restrict access to medical clinics where abortions are performed.
I feel so awful for the tens of thousands of unloved, unwanted babies being born in the US.
It's immoral to force a woman to carry an unwanted, unplanned pregnancy to term. But, that's the problem with being moral and having strong values - it's so painful to know about horrible experience of an unwanted pregnancy week after week, month after month.
And then, giving birth to an unwanted child. I can't imagine how horrible it must be for thousands of women - plus the thousands of unwanted children with a lifetime of potential emotional anguish ahead of them.13
- You seem to be forgetting that R vs. W wasn't a blanket approval of the practice, there are areas where Constitutional laws can be passed curtailing/regulating it.
Full text of Roe vs Wade
- No, Roe v. Wade only really protects abortions in the first trimester and allows for states and the federal government to regulate abortions in the second and third trimesters of a woman’s pregnancy.21
- It has become irrelevant because we now have an abortion pill, and laws can not prevent a woman from taking a pill in the privacy of her home.01
- Overturned, no. Possibly suspended, for the reason you gave. If anyone tried to challenge these state anti-abortion laws right now, that would put the case back up to the Supreme Court, where the conservative majority could overturn it. So, the states that want it overturned are establishing these laws while they can, hoping that the case does go to the Supreme Court and abortion rights get overturned.
But, if the Supreme Court were to lose a conservative member and be replaced by a liberal member, then people would challenge the constitutionality of the laws and Roe v Wade would be upheld. In the mean time, yes Roe v Wade has essentially been temporarily overturned in those states that have adopted anti-abortion laws recently.02
- Why so Latinas always dominates in Miss universe and other beauty competitions?
- Why are Trumpsters shaking their head "No" and denying that Trump admitted to knowing about PAYMENTS, THEN LYING ABOUT IT?
- So what is the estimate for the wall's cost?
- Cons, even Trump has told his friends he believes he will be impeached, now it is your to turn to accept the facts, agree?
- What would you do if Russia invaded America?
- What would happen if Donald Trump joined Yahoo Answers?
- What was the worst problem Barack H. Obama caused as President?
- Is shutting down the government a good idea by Donald Trump?
- Libs, if Trump doesn't hire the best people, then can you name even one of his hired people that is going to prison?
- Why is the Democrat part leaning towards socialism? When did this happen?