What made you become ...?
What made u become a vegetarian/vegan? How did u do it? Is ur family vegetarian/vegan as well? Sorry lots of questions. Im thinking about becoming a vegetarian but I don't know if I could
- I'm not a vegetarian now, but I was for about a year. Honestly, I did it out of guilt but mostly to eat healthy and lose weight.. so I did it for the wrong reasons. It was really tough and frustrating, but if you truly believe you can go without meat than all the power to you. :) Just make sure you're getting enough iron through things like beans and peanut butter etc.00
- vegan - empathy
you just have to DO it
no, definitely not. heres a link on how to deal with unsupportive family and friends:
you definitely CAN do it, the question is "WILL you?"00
- i just felt like it. i realized it would be good for me and care alot about animals and if i could even save one then i would be happy. so i bacame a vegetarian. :)00
- Watch the movie "Food incorporated", "Fast Food Nation", or "Super Size Me" This made my decision a lot easier. Especially Food inc.00
- personally I can never see myself eating meat, well i use to have a eating disorder so i wouldn't eat much but now i do eat but can't seem to eat meat other than the fact that it is all fat um every time i try to bite into a burger i think of a live chicken or a cow in the middle of the bun and it really grosses me out. My parents love meat so its not a genetics thing i just happen to see it differently. warning don't force yourself to be a vegetarian if you can't see yourself not eating meat because that would make things hard.00
- Because of how animals are treated and I just had empathy for them.
What actually got me to go veg was my favorite Youtuber, Onision, and a video called "If Slaughterhouses Had Glass Walls, Everyone Would Be Vegetarian." You should check out that video if you're thinking about going vegetarian.00
- I had always wanted to go vegetarian but was never able to... I switched for about a month but my parents couldnt afford to buy all the extra veggies and stuff I needed since they were financially troubled... So I gave it up. Then last year (Feb 19!) We were watching food inc and my parents gave me permission to be veggie again! :D Ive helped pay for some of the groceries so it isnt as tough on them, they make fun of me all the time but thats ok :D
I just love animals too much to eat them00
- Hi there :)
I became vegetarian when I was twelve and that was the best decision I have ever made. I became a vegetarian for the love of life, no matter what shape/form. Every living creature has an instinct to live, just like I want to live and probably you (I'm assuming.) They are life, they are living,moving,breathing,etc. I think no matter what form, if you kill a life it is a vast crime. I put myself in their place, sensing all that they would be feeling inside, and believe me; it's unimaginable. Most humans (not all) tend to think for themselves, so we really don't concern ourselves with what we do and how it effects everything. It's like the butterfly effect. If you were in that cow or pig's position, what would you do? Nothing, nothing at all. You can't do anything. Once your born into the life of a pig or cow, it mostly leads you on a burger. There's no escaping that. Unless we as humans change our nature. I don't see why we can't get along with one another; no more fighting or killing just peace. I would like to be a turkey that's spared on Thanksgiving rather than the intestines of a human. That's why I became a vegetarian, because I can see that they don't want to be abused and killed, no one does. And I am not the only one who can see that (Taking to you fellow vegans/vegetarians.)
How did I do it? Um....I just stopped eating the cute animals??? I don't think there's much more to it. My family is vegan and wow can I say they are so healthy!!! My grandparents are 110 and 106; isn't that good? To all the rumors about birth defects and stuff, NOT true, don't believe them. My family has been vegans 7 generations not one birth defect. I noticed a dramatic change in the way I look versus eating flesh. Here are some of things I noticed if you become vegetarian. Your skin is clear (literally no pimples what so ever), you get thinner (if that appeals to you), your arteries are clearer,you have an significant less chance of heart disease, and you save about a 100 animal lives a year, isn't that the best part :)? Anyone CAN become vegetarian, but it's up to your willpower. Some people have a lot of willpower and just go vegetarian, but some people are like "no I love meat too much" or "you need meat." Please go vegetarian, it's really healthy for you no matter what people troll on it. I have became so much better physically and mentally, and I hope you will too by becoming vegetarian :) Have you heard of organic food? It's basically food that hasn't been contaminated with pesticides,chemicals,and etc. like non-organic food. I suggest eating that food (but it's only a suggestion.) All around it is a great lifestyle but make sure you get a balanced diet. Try to avoid sugary treats or junk food, I tended to eat more of that to make up for the meat.
Best wishes and please consider it :)
- Is Friendly’s Ice Cream vegetarian?
- Is artifical beef flavour vegetarian ?
- Why do vegans think they can ban the circle of life?
- If you are a committed Vegetarian, would you eat a cooked Veggie-Burger that "Bleeds" red-hot beetroot juice?
- Why do vegans think meat is murder?
- Why is this section full of carnist trolls?
- If God didn't want us to eat meat then why did he create animals?
- Why eat meat and dairy if you don't need them to be healthy?
- Why do vegans think they can ban the circle of life?
- I want to be vegetarian but my parents dont take it seriously?