A slap bracelet (or snap bracelet) is a bracelet consisting of layered, flexible stainless steel bistable spring bands sealed within a fabric cover. The bracelet can be straightened out, creating tension within the springy metal bands. The straightened bracelet is then slapped against the wearer's forearm, causing the bands to spring back into a curve that wraps around the wrist, securing the bracelet to the wearer.
Invented by Wisconsin teacher Stuart Anders and sold under the brand name "Slap Wrap", the slap bracelet was a popular fad among children, pre-teens and teenagers in the late 1980s and early 1990s and was available in a wide variety of patterns and colors. The bracelet was banned in several schools following reports of injuries stemming from improper use. The bracelet was later reintroduced with a plastic spring, but there were still reports of injuries. More recently, slap bracelets have been worn on the lower legs of cyclists to prevent trousers from being tangled in the gear system.
Where do you get slap bands?
they are like a 12 foot long reflective wrist band that you slap on your wrist and it turns to a circle. i have 2 adidas running neon green ones
- Hi. I really enjoy eating a good meal at times and sometimes I like to unfasten my pants button and belt buckle. Do women do it too?
- Can I wear no show socks to a wedding or just wear regular dress socks? I'll be wearing formal attire like dress shoes and a suit.?
- Can a skirt be hemmed from the waist?
- Why is it so difficult to find costume jewelry painted white hoop earrings in the stores or online ?
- Have you been to Walmart wearing an outlandish outfit?
- Are shirts that are chequered pattern ok to wear?
- Im a guy and i usually wear one bracelet, one ring, and one necklace. am i wearing too much for a guy?
- I will be attending us navy graduation in december what should i wear?
- I can't decide on my birthday gift?
- Help from all urban outfitters employees. Return question?