Did I break my finger?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Did I break my finger?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
yes you most likely did do more damage. Health 101: splint are only used if you can't get medical attention anytime soon (as in the wilderness). Go get an X-ray. It is most likely broken if it still hurts.
go to the doctor. or just splint it and see what happens. i would just splint it if i were you. that's what i do for broken toes/fingers. they all healed fine. that's what the doc would do anyways, regardless whether it's a break or sprain.
Are you kidding me? i could take a broken finger over a broken heart any day! arms heal, hearts under no circumstances totally mend! A broken bone is a form of soreness i will cope with, yet "a overwhelmed spirit, who can undergo?"
There are a gazillion ways to break your finger: jamming it, bending it back, smashing it, and of course pinkie-wrestling contests.
A broken finger will usually be painful and swollen, and it will be difficult to use the finger. Because there are so many different types and severities of finger fracture, I won't discuss them individually. Bottom line: If there are any signs of significant injury (see below), your finger should be checked by the doctor. Yes, there's probably some macho guy in your neighborhood who says to tape the finger up and it'll be fine, because that's what he did. He's an idiot.
See the doctor for an injured finger if:
there's significant swelling or deformity
there's pain when the finger is resting (after the first hour)
you can't move the joint fully
there's severe pain with motion of the finger
there's numbness or weakness
Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate. Immediately elevate the injured part and apply an ice bag. Go see the doctor for an x-ray.
- Panic attack?
- Bouchard's node on my right middle finger is suddenly wide and feels weird?
- Should I be concerned?
- Why do the muscles on my stomach hurt?
- Is waiting to be hit by a train the quickest and least painful way to die? I m being incessantly harassed and ready to die and free of pain.?
- What part of your body is in the most pain in right now?
- My wisdom broke and its hurting lso my ear lobe flare up and I got a bump on daside of my neck hurting also?
- The base of my beck hurts..?
- Severe lower back pain on the left side buttock region when I walk or stand.?
- Experiencing episodes of hot flashes, nausea, headache and dizziness?