In any case weather you call it or not both monsters would be destroyed due to the fact that priority only allows the effect which u wish to activate maintain chain link 1 but it still resolves in reverse so what would happen is:
1. Summon Machina Fortress
2. Declare priority with Machina Gearframe
3. In chain opponent activates Torrential Tribute
4. Torrential Tribute resolves
5. Machina Gearframe attempts to resolve but is no longer on the field and its target is no longer on the field so it fizzles out.
Hope this helps
Yugioh question regarding priority?
heres the situation machine gear frame is on the field and i discard to summon machine fortress but my opponent activates torrential tribute. Can i call priority and equip gear frame to fortress?
- No, both Machina Gearframe and Fortress are destroyed I'm afraid. Even if you could activate Gearframe's effect to union them at this time, you wouldn't be able to chain it to the activation of torrential tribute because a monster effect is spell speed 1 and a trap is spell speed 2.00
- You always have turn player priority to activate your Summoned Monster's effect. A lot of the time that actually means something. On the other hand, it means absolutely nothing just as often.
The moment the word "priority" started to get thrown around the Yu-Gi-Oh! world, everyone started getting misconceptions about how it's a magic do-all solution to any problem. It's not. It's a game mechanic that has always been around and will always be around. Turn Player Priority is the Turn Player's (the guy whose turn it is) right to activate an effect on his turn in response to something happening before the opponent can. When you Summon a monster, you have Turn Player Priority to activate it's effect or a Spell Speed 2 or 3 card (like Black Rose Dragon or Torrential Tribute) upon the successful Summon before your opponent. When you declare an attack, you have Turn Player Priority to activate a card (like Book of Moon) before your opponent. During Damage Calculation, you have Turn Player Priority to activate the effect of a card that can be activated during Damage Calculation (like Honest) before your opponent. That has always been the case. Priority means nothing more than you, on your turn, are allowed to respond to something before your opponent, excluding only cards that you activate(i.e. you Summon a monster and activate its effect, you have used your priority, your opponent can now respond with Bottomless Trap Hole or something), or when you state that you're not retaining your Turn Player Priority (which you must do if you're not going to activate something).
Turn Player Priority always makes your card or card's effect Chain Link 1, provided there is no Continuous Spell or Trap (like Stumbling) or an Ignition Effect Monster that automatically chimes in to something (like Caius, the Shadow Monarch). If you know anything about chains, then you know they resolve in reverse.
In your scenario, you announced you were retaining Turn Player Priority on Machina Gearframe's effect to equip it to Machina Fortress. Your opponent responds to that with Torrential Tribute. It goes down like this:
Chain Link 1: Machina Gearframe's effect activates, opting to equip itself to a monster.
Chain Link 2: Torrential Tribute is chained.
The chain resolves
a: Torrential Tribute resolves, destroying all cards on the field.
b: Machina Gearframe resolves without effect, because it cannot move itself from it's original position to a Spell and Trap Card Zone, since it's no longer there. Also, the monster it was going to equip itself to is also gone.
So the answer is no. Machina Gearframe does have priority to activate its effect, but it won't matter if Torrential Tribute is chained, because it will remove both Machina Gearframe and its target from the field.
And on a related note, if you chose to activate Machina Gearframe's effect to add a Machina monster from your deck to your hand, that was using your Turn Player Priority, and you can't, in the same chain,activate it's other effect to equip it to a monster.10
- Is Yugioh dying or growing in your region?
- Yugioh question. Is their any Dragon type monster with powers similar to Grand Jupiter?If so what is it?
- Cyber dragon zwei or cyber proto dragon?
- Does someone have to want to work for work s sake? Or is working for the purpose of getting results?
- What is greatest in life?
- What can be done to fix yugioh?
- The dealer hand is three of a kind of the 3 cards, my hand is two pairs of aces and king,. Who is the winner?
- Where can i find out the value of my pokemon card collection?
- Why do they get mad when I fold and throw my cards down on the table face up where people can see them?
- Im looking to sell yugioh cards, i have some that are in mint and a lot are 1st ed rare, how would i sell them for what there worth?