A sow is a female pig. A farrow is a sow's litter - that is her babies. The witches want the blood of a sow that has eaten her young - this whole passage is an indication of how evil they are.
No Fear Shakespeare gives you a modern translation next to the original. http://nfs.sparknotes.com/macbeth
In Macbeth, what does "sow's blood that hath eaten her nine farrow" from Act 4 Scene 1?
- Could someone please tell me the time set in the movie when Oprah says "all my life i had to fight"?
- Please help !!!!!!!?
- Quote If by Rudyard Kipling?
- I need help for my high school senior quote. It's due tomorrow.! What's something funny or witty or whatever?
- What did Seneca mean by "we must neither fear death too much, nor love life too much?"?
- What is you favorite quote?
- What’s the Meaning of this Quote.....The sky is full of stars and he is was staring at her.?
- What should my senior quote be?
- Hi guys! What's the meaning of this quote ? " I would prefer a sunflower over a dozen roses any day"?
- Do you agree or disagrre to this quote "U DON T WRITE BECOZ U WANT TO SAY SOMETHING, U WRITE BECOZ U HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY" pls explain?