A sow is a female pig. A farrow is a sow's litter - that is her babies. The witches want the blood of a sow that has eaten her young - this whole passage is an indication of how evil they are.
No Fear Shakespeare gives you a modern translation next to the original. http://nfs.sparknotes.com/macbeth
In Macbeth, what does "sow's blood that hath eaten her nine farrow" from Act 4 Scene 1?
- Where did William Blake say that Milton was "of Satan s party without knowing it" in reference to Paradise Lost?
- What does this quote mean?
- How would I write an imitation sentence for this quote: “It feels like if we could only get a storm, everything would be okay.”?
- Help with ryming this quote?
- Whats one quote/ saying you know by heart?
- Is llewen slowly losing her mind?
- My fortune cookie says 'people who are late are often happier than those who have to wait for them'. Im confused. What does this mean?
- What is the meaning of this quote?
- Is it possible to be 20 and use the phrase- and I quote: “wine em, dine em, and 69 em😜”?
- "Death solve all problems,without man,without problem"-Joseph Stalin.What do you think about this quote?